The intricacies of the human mind

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A while back they took him for a ride over NYC and he did an amazing drawing from memory, that was shown as he progressed, on one of the morning shows.

No estimating the capacity of the human brain!

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Scott, When I was 15 and studying music at summer camp we had two special kids attending. One was a trained pianist who played the Grieg Piano Concerto in A Minor from memory with the Philadelphia orchestra (he was 11), obviously brilliant and great at the piano. The other boy was 14 and was autistic. He didn't speak much, but he had the gift of piano. One night he listened with about 10 of us campers in a practice room to the 11 year old play the entire first movement of the piano concerto from memory. He watched the kid's hands and was breathing with him for phrasing. Then he sat down at the piano and completely repeated the first movement - and I don't mean kind of. The dynamics, phrasing, chords... everything! It was one of those "hair standing up on the back of your neck" moments. It was perhaps one of the coolest things I have ever seen. :)

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
Tira,
We had a neighbor like that when I was a kid. He used to play music quite well from just hearing it. He would tell you anything you wanted to know about any song who wrote it, when and who sang it .he would ask everyone he met their birthday and in an instant tell them what day of the week it was, He moved away when we were young kids.
Over the winter I saw him, he remembered me and all the members of my family, their birthdates,etc neighbors and friends too. I hadnt seen him in 35 years or so...
I gave him an update on who moved or who had died. He told me how many days it was since he had moved, I told him wow thats a long time, Joking I said how many hours was that and he told me hours minutes and seconds in the same sentence. He was amazing but didnt know how to tie his own shoes.
Keith

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow! It's hard to fathom this kind of brain power, I can tie my shoes but can't remember what I had to eat for breakfast sometimes ;( It's amazing to see what some can do.

Dwayne

Latest posts

Sponsors