Announcement: Engrave-In Schedule

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We have some great seminars this year with Carl Bleile, Mike Dubber, CJ Allan, and Fred Marrinan and this is the what and when of it all.

Before noon on Sunday, I will assume you are volunteer and expect to be put to work. Please let me know you are coming if you haven’t.

Sunday June 6th
12:00 -6:30 PM arrival of attendees and set up of engraving displays, Machine Gun shooting as it pleases Kurt, swimming, rope swinging, ziplining, trout fishing if Ray Cover has’nt caugh them all already.

6:30-8:00 PM dinner served, Fresh shrimp, gumbo, fresh salads, and numerous other fixin’s

8:00-11:00 PM Picking, Grinning, Singing, Lie Telling, Engraving technique telling, Social networking, or whatever you want to do in the legal category, BYOB

Monday, 7:30-9:30 AM Some engraving displays will be open, Breakfast served by Boy Scout Troop 14 ( my son Forrest’s troop). They have been practicing making omlettes this weekend, and will have pancakes, bacon, sausage, fruit and other items. Partakers should please make an appropriate donation to Troop 14’s summer camp fund.

9:30- 11:00 Monograms and Lettering seminar by Mike Dubber.

11:15-12:00 Cooking making, Chipmunk branding and how the engraving world was set on its ear by John Rohner.

12:00- 1:30 Dinner on the grounds, mmmm, mmm good, Engraving displays open

Vote on entries of best engraved Palm Control

1:30-3:00 Sculpting and Scroll techniques by Carl Bleile

3:15-3:30 Fred Marrinan on use of proportional dividers in layout.

3:45-5:00 CJ Allen on motorcycle engraving or round table discussion on startup businees topics by vote of hands

5:00-7:00 , Drawing for Palm Control held, engraving displays opened. dinner served, maybe catfish again? What do you think?

7-00-10:00 milling around, looking at engraving, BSing, machine gun shooting, etc.

Tuesday

9:30-11:00 whichever seminar did’nt get done at 3:45-5:00 yesterday.

11:00- 12:30 lunch from leftovers. Mmm, mmm good

12:30 onward, help tear down.

Last edited:

leroytwohawks

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew, Scott and Kurt where haggling over the price of Kurt's Zeiss scope, the conversation is quoted below.:big grin:

Kevin

(For Sale Zeiss OPMI 6 on Contraves Stand)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilkguns View Post
I'll trade you some cookies for it....

Quote:
I'd love some!

If you could throw in a few Branded Chipmunks that would frost ye cake!

OK, I have to ask................

What is Chipmunk branding???? :)

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
John Rohner, the consumate story teller that he is, tells a great story of when he worked for the Forest Service in the 50s and a guy stationed in a fire tower on some mountian went stir crazy and was branding chipmunks. And the stories about Saipan and yelling back and forth at the Japanese in the dark and the cookie story... and and and ,he is just so full of historically fulfilling yet wondefully entertaining stories of so many things, many of course engraving related.

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Andrew
Like branding cattle with a red hot iron, burns a design on the animal hide so it can be idenitifed. A joke but you never know:shock: Opps you are down under don't know if this is was a practice there. In Colorado we still have brand inspectors, got to watch put for those cattle thiefs

Last edited:

Andrew Biggs

Those poor chipmunks..........you sick puppies :)

But....

It would make a great competition for next years Engrave-In. The best designed and cut chipmunk brand :)

Cheers
Andrew

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
They have numbers for ID and if you get the lotto chip you WIN...::banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
Scott: This Is Tim Halloran From Iowa. My Wife And My Self Will Be At Your Place For The Engrave In. Its Right On The Way Home For Us. Had A Great Time Last Year And Am Looking forward To This Year.

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is the hard part. Airfare must be quite expensive for you guys over seas to get here.

We would love to have you over here Andrew. You are going to have to make to one of the engrave ins :beerchug:

Ray

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You know Andrew, if you throw in the Scrim artists, the wood carvers, Australia and South Africa you could organize one down your way. I see we have added a couple more folks from down under way. Fred

Last edited:

Andrew Biggs

Hi Fred

You may want to look at the atlas again..........South Africa is a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way from New Zealand............ I think America may be closer.

But we will have a lot of them here late next year when they come to see their favorite rugby team the "Springboks" lose the Rugby World Cup to the New Zealand "All Blacks" :)

Ray........yip, one year I will. It's a shame all these shows arn't all on in the space of one month. That way we could all just take a month off, hire a hippy bus and travel to the shows all at once. It would make life so much simpler................. But it would have to be in the middle of our winter so we could take advantage of your summer. :)

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:

ARM2

[You may want to look at the atlas again..........South Africa is a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way from New Zealand............ I think America may be closer.

But we will have a lot of them here late next year when they come to see their favorite rugby team the "Springboks" lose the Rugby World Cup to the New Zealand "All Blacks" :)

Cheers
Andrew[/QUOTE]

PRINCE ANDREW
Seems like some of us got our Geography all mixed up.
We need draw a road map from SA to KIWI LAND !!!
And then there's some of us "patriots" who just don't want to lose.
Poor guys.
Well Kiddo, U KIWI's are in for a drubbing next Year.
The "Boks" are gonna win, hands down.
Would like to come see U sheep farmers cry some time.
aRM2

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Okay you guys may be right but goole maps says Christchurch to South Africa is 6970 miles and Christchurch to Mont Eagal TN is 8363 miles-Fred

Latest posts

Sponsors