Finally getting some engraving done!! :)

ahenson

Okay, so this is no masterpiece or masterful engraving, to say the least. :p I have very little experience actually engraving, but I decided to start adding some engraved pieces to my jewelry. I string beads and such in the *little* spare time that I have (since I work full-time and have a 7.5 month old!) and wanted to have something different from all the hand stamped jewelry out there.

This is my second piece to which I have added engraving, and I listed it on Etsy for sale in my shop. But I just wanted to share with you engravers since it turned out nice and I got it done this weekend. :) I have most of the equipment for engraving at home, but no wonderful microscope like I used when I was learning, so I will be sticking to anything I can freehand and see easily at arm's length. I used a C-Max 120 degree graver with a polished parallel heel.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/46013861/a-green-fish-in-a-copper-sea-necklace

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great work, and thanks for posting. Do you have a link to your etsy store? I am sorta curious how this etsy deal works, as I am slowly building up the largest collection of my own work that anyone could possibly ever want or have.

ahenson

Yes, my Etsy shop is http://rococoriche.etsy.com -- I just have a few of my pieces on there so far, just the few I had time for over the weekend!

Etsy seems easy enough so far. I had been holding off because it costs more, but it has better exposure than my site. Thanks, everyone. :)

Great work, and thanks for posting. Do you have a link to your etsy store? I am sorta curious how this etsy deal works, as I am slowly building up the largest collection of my own work that anyone could possibly ever want or have.

Andrew Biggs

Beautiful jewellery and something out of the ordinary that shows flair and imagination. :)

I agree with kevin....the watery look of the lines suits the peice.

Cheers
Andrew

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
an unusual, yet very attractive looking necklace. be sure to show us more of your unique work.

ahenson

Thanks, everyone. I got a copper bracelet done on Mother's Day (thanks to my husband) that I'll be posting this week, hopefully! Nothing complicated. I got photos of it flat, so now just have to get it radiused and formed.

:)

Latest posts

Sponsors