S&w just finished

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Here are some pictures of a smith and wesson that my daughter and I just completed. Emily has been working with me for the last few months and did all of the background removel on this job. The layout on this job is similar to a gun that Lynton McKinsey did while working for New Orleans Arms. He has always been one of my heros, I regret to say that my level of skill is still far from his. I also encluded in the photos a picture of Emily, so that the world will know that Barry Lee hands is not the only engraver with a pretty assistant. Hope my pictures come out ok, and thanks for looking.

Ed

Attachments

• 3528 S&W RESIZED.jpg
    3528 S&W RESIZED.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 360
  • 3529 RESIZED.jpg
    3529 RESIZED.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 321
  • 3535 RESIZED.jpg
    3535 RESIZED.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 322
  • 3539 RESIZED.jpg
    3539 RESIZED.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 312
  • EMILY.jpg
    EMILY.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 361

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice work on the gun. Now the Barry Hands assistant, what can you say about that.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful work and a beautiful daughter. Sure does make a dad proud when a little talent and desire starts to rub off onto ones offspring. Go for it Emily!

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very clean work-beautiful lay and well cut. the background is clean and crisp beautiful assistant as well. Will she be joining the very small fraternity of female engravers? I hope so-Fred

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Nice work, Ed. You certainly have reason to be very proud of both of them. Background removal being the most tedious job, I can think of. I'd say your one fortunate engraver!

Andrew Biggs

Hi Ed

Beautiful engraving and a beautiful daughter. It's very nice to see the skills being passed down from one generation to the next and even better to see a family member keen to learn them. Emily has done a great job of the background removal!!

I had the pleasure of my daughter Rebecca working alongside me in the sign business for 13 years and I enjoyed every minute of her company. She had a way of keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Cheers
Andrew

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Terrific work on the pistol! It looks fantastic, and your daughter is a stunning woman. I hope both of you can post more of your work. Thanks for sharing, Seth

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
Ed .. that looks just fantastic , great lay out on the whole gun . and a lot of hours chiseling .. ron p

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's looking pretty good Ed, and Emily looks a lot like her Mom. How about ya'll come up and visit the relatives in Crossville and us at the Engrave-In this year?

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ed,

High quality engraving from an excellent team effort. I hope your daughter comes to enjoy the work and fulfillment it can provide.

Best wishes,

Roger

Bunic

Elite Cafe Member
I haven't seen much of Lynton's work, but this is beautiful! I hope to to cut my S&W 686 sometime this year . I might have to Borrow some of this beautiful pattern!! Tnx!

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice Ed! It is nice to see another generation continuing the tradition as well.
You should be proud of your work and your daughter.
Rex

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Based on your description, I didn't know what to expect, but that looks great to me. Your daughter is VERY pretty and obviously talented.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks so much for the kind remarks, and for the complements about my lovely (single)
daughter, who looks just like her mother. We have just started another job that has been here for more than five years. Emily is doing 90% of this job. It should be finished in a few weeks. I hope to post some pictures of that also.

Thanks again for taking the time to look.

Ed

Latest posts

Sponsors