+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default S&w just finished

Here are some pictures of a smith and wesson that my daughter and I just completed. Emily has been working with me for the last few months and did all of the background removel on this job. The layout on this job is similar to a gun that Lynton McKinsey did while working for New Orleans Arms. He has always been one of my heros, I regret to say that my level of skill is still far from his. I also encluded in the photos a picture of Emily, so that the world will know that Barry Lee hands is not the only engraver with a pretty assistant. Hope my pictures come out ok, and thanks for looking.

Ed
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work on the gun. Now the Barry Hands assistant, what can you say about that.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice gun and beautiful daughter, Ed.
    Congratulations on both counts.
    John B.

Post Thanks / Like

That looks really nice George. Well done, cutting, layout everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work and a beautiful daughter. Sure does make a dad proud when a little talent and desire starts to rub off onto ones offspring. Go for it Emily!

Post Thanks / Like

Very clean work-beautiful lay and well cut. the background is clean and crisp beautiful assistant as well. Will she be joining the very small fraternity of female engravers? I hope so-Fred
    Want to learn to engrave, "cut an inch a Day every Day" Jim Small
    Fred Marrinan

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work, Ed. You certainly have reason to be very proud of both of them. Background removal being the most tedious job, I can think of. I'd say your one fortunate engraver!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ed

Beautiful engraving and a beautiful daughter. It's very nice to see the skills being passed down from one generation to the next and even better to see a family member keen to learn them. Emily has done a great job of the background removal!!

I had the pleasure of my daughter Rebecca working alongside me in the sign business for 13 years and I enjoyed every minute of her company. She had a way of keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Cheers
    Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Terrific work on the pistol! It looks fantastic, and your daughter is a stunning woman. I hope both of you can post more of your work. Thanks for sharing, Seth

Post Thanks / Like

Ed .. that looks just fantastic , great lay out on the whole gun . and a lot of hours chiseling .. ron p