Epson Transparencies

Andy

Elite Cafe Member
Does anyone know of a cheap source for the Epson transparencies? Or possibly a way to buy it in bulk? I have not found another film that performs as well and I always worry that it will be discontinued in the future. I use a whole lot of the stuff transferring logos and text onto the musical instruments that I engrave. I have considered buying a $1000 worth of the stuff to future proof the transfer method. The fact that it lets go of the ink so readily may be seen as a reason for Epson to change it. There are a lot of decent transfer methods but when you do as much image transfer as I have been doing then it pays to have the fastest and best possible method available. I know Steve Lindsay found some unique paper years ago for transfers and bought up a lifetime supply shortly before it disappeared from the market. I want to do the same.
Thanks......

Andy

Elite Cafe Member
When I first viewed the link I thought...Oh Yea!...Then I read down and realized it a decal transfer method. Pretty tough to cut through a decal I'm sure. :) Thanks for the try.

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I'm not sure you'd find a source for bulk Epson transparencies, it seems like a specialty item. But why don't you contact epson direct through their on-line store and tell them how much you'd want. They may give you a small discount as well as free shipping.

Allan

Andy

Elite Cafe Member
Yes. I have gotten them from Buy.com in the past. I watch the Amazon Marketplace for them as well. I've gotten them for as little as $20/30 sheets there before. It's hit and miss there though. I want a lot at one time.
Thanks

Tom White

transparencies

Hi,
I am working with a couple of companies to get a film that will work with my products at a lower cost I will keep you all informed. I continually test films and work on mixtures for transfers and to date nothing has come close to the Epson films but I keep looking and working with manufactures.

Tom White

Andy

Elite Cafe Member
Yes Sam, I use Tom's solution and also one that I mix myself.

Sponsors