Announcement: How to win a Palm Control at the Engrave-In

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow, what an offer Steve Lindsay just made

How would you like to win a Lindsay Palm Control? Steve Lindsay has graciously donated a Palm Control to help defray Engrave-In costs and everyone can have a chance to win it. Here's the deal, Steve has made up some special stainless steel handles for the Palm Control that will be sold for $60. Half of those proceeds will go to help fund the Engrave-In. Everyone that buys a handle, will be entered to win the Palm Control. That is your name will be entered in a hat for the drawing. These odds are WAY better than buying a lottery ticket. Everyone that engraves the handle and sends it or a photograph to the Engrave-In will get a an additional ballot thrown in the hat. Does'nt matter how fancy, or big, just a scroll or a letter is enough, but an engraved handle will get you an additional name put in the hat.

At the Engrave-In we will have a display of all the engraved handles (photos will be accepted for those that can't send or bring theirs). Attendees will be allowed to vote for their favorite top three handles. The top three vote getters will get an additional name thrown in the hat.

At that point we will draw a name from the hat, and whoever gets their name drawn will win the Palm Control. How easy is that?

We have some other really cool donations that may get used in the hat
drawing as well, have to see how that all works, but sounds like we all
need to buy some Palm Control handles from Steve and get started engraving
them. Hmmm, I wonder if I'm allowed to participate....scratches head..... reads fine print..... no Engrave-In employees or their family members are eligible to participate..... says a few French words...... oops, looks around remembering I am in a public place....

Anyway,
When purchasing the stainless handle from Steve, on the shopping cart there is a space to write a note in the check-out on the airgraver website. Please add a note, so they will know that $30 goes to the Engrave-In costs. (maybe something like: "I'm purchasing the stainless handle to enter the contest").

Last edited:

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi Scott,
What am I overlooking here, please?
What does one do with a PC handle if they don't have a Palm Control graver?
Or does it fit a Lindsay Classic and convert it to PC? I don't think so, way too cheap.
Best regards.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
John

It kind of fits a Classic - you just need a rubber adapter. Steve worked up a prototype one for me - it's just a rubber sleeve (some heavy wall tubing). You also need a bit of something to plug the hole in the top of the handle (I used some ThermoLoc).

leroytwohawks

Elite Cafe Member
Well John, if you already own a Classic or Artisan and don't win then it gives you a $60 incentive to buy a Palm Control:big grin: and, you get that warm fuzzy feeling knowing that $30 of it is going to help support the Engrave-In:thumbs up:

Kevin

Hi Scott,
What am I overlooking here, please?
What does one do with a PC handle if they don't have a Palm Control graver?
Or does it fit a Lindsay Classic and convert it to PC? I don't think so, way too cheap.
Best regards.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I bought the stainless handle at the last engrave-in and I can say that I really like the way the tool feels with it attached. I think that the extra weight dampens the viabration to your hand.

RB

j_grvs

When is the engrave-in scheduled? I am in Martin, Tn. and would like to attend,especially after having a personal invitation from Scott while in Indianapolis last mo. Thanks--J.graves

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I've been using stainless knobs on my handpieces for awhile now and I noticed the power increased when I switched. It's not night and day but it's definitely there. Dampening vibration increases the handpiece efficiency.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Thanks, KCSteve.
Now I understand, it can be put to some use with some fiddling on the foot pedal model.
Do you like the feel of it on your Classic?
I believe you're a big guy and the extra weight might feel good in your hand.
Best.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
John

That extra weight does feel nice - especially if you have the tungsten piston in. Right now I'm back on the standard rubber handle but that's mostly because I was switching back to the regular piston and it was easier at the time.

If enough of us buy these then Steve will have to make an official adapter, thus making it easier to switch around whenever we feel like it. ;)

Like Sam said, I think it's about a 5 - 10% increase in power just switching to the heavier handle. Actually, I think it adds more if you're using the tungsten piston - the heavier piston gets more benefit out of the heavier handle.

Lately I've been using my Lindsay for some more delicate work but part of the joy of being lucky enough to have more than one system is getting to flip between them on a whim. While I haven't done it yet I could have three handpieces ready to go - my Magnum and Monarch on the GRS and the the Classic.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
When is the engrave-in scheduled? I am in Martin, Tn. and would like to attend,especially after having a personal invitation from Scott while in Indianapolis last mo. Thanks--J.graves

Jerry,

It is June 6-8 near Monteagle, TN. It was nice to meet you at Indy. Be sure to bring those bulino pieces you showed us.

Here is a link to the full announcement: http://www.igraver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7162

Roger

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
How-bout T-shirts this year for the engrave-in and also some of Lindsay engraving
t-shirts...
Be nice if GRS would have some t-shirts for the engrave-in

I'll take 2 XLG engrave-in shirts and 2 of Lindsay if they are different from last year...

I have a 2x of last years engrave-in t-shirt that will be auctioned...
Jerry

Last edited:

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
________ Current entries to the PalmControl drawing____________

Andy Miles
Michael Showah (AirAmp)
David Gruber
Jerry L Seymour (bought two handles)
Brian Marshall
Georg Eggert Hannah (Eddi)
Sungwoo Hong
DJ Maier
JJ Roberts
Sergiy Shvets
Daren Wilcox
Donald Tusher
Kevin Riley
Steve Van Dyke
Daniel Houwer
Mark Pirkle
Kurt Horvath
Al Frisillo
Ben Bonner
Marcus R M Pidek
Richard A Hall
Chuck Presnail
Mark Gehmlich
Matson Yandle
James Perkins
Jean Michel Chaffange
ARM-KO Knives
Joseph Walter Lemke
Mark Shoger
Carl Wallace
Christopher Medlyn
Jason Marchiafava
Sean Miller

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I recieved this in the mail today, that Steve Lindsay is making available to some lucky person at the Engrave-In

Attachments

• pclindsay.jpg
    pclindsay.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

jldj

Hi Scott, I don't see my name on the list. I bought a handle a few weeks back. Thanks, Jack

jldj

Hi again, disregard my inquiry - I saw my name on Steve's list. Thanks, Jack

Sponsors