practice plate

Bilf

I really enjoy this forum alot,especially the pictures of ya'lls work that you submit. Also all the advise everyone gives to us beginners. This plate is my second try at britecut, All comments and advice would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks Bilf.

Attachments

• 100_2534.jpg
    100_2534.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 201

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow, that's great!!!, your second attempt in bright cut.... but i'll bet you have more engravingexpirience then just two plates.
Willem

Bilf

Thanks, Cloudy and Willem...no, I wish I did have more experience than I do. My last post about 2 months ago was my very first time sitting at the engraver. Then I bought the dvds and studied those.

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Bilf, that looks really good, I have been at it almost 30 years, if I could have been doing that kind of work after the first few months I would have been over joyed. On the other hand my daughter has been working with me for a few months and it is impressive how much she has accomplished in such a short time. Of course she has the graver max, microscope, sams videos and dad to help her along.

By the way which video on bright cut engraving have you been using?

Thanks for the view.

Good Luck

Ed

jr hoot gibson

Elite Cafe Member
Boys:
FEGA sells a great DVD on basic bright cutting by Diane Scalese. It would be a good place to get you started. The hows and whys are very well covered in this DVD of a demonstration she did a couple or three years ago at the Firearms Engravers show in Reno. This would compliment the J Watts engraving DVD.
Hoot.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
an eye catcher for sure. just remember to keep those gravers polished ! looks good.

Sponsors