Blade show, Engrave-In, hotel, roommate, carpool, oh my!

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
I just got the good news that I will have a table at Blade Show! Woop woop!

And now comes the moment of "oh my gosh I have some serious planning to do!" :eek:

So, for those of you who have been there before, any recommendations on a cheap (but non-skanky) hotel within walking distance of Blade Show? Although I will be getting there via driving across the country with a friend, she'll be taking the car once we get there, so I'll be car-less for the duration of Blade Show.

Anybody need a roommate? Um, preferably another woman. Non-smoker only.

Any recommendations on where to stay during the Engrave-In? (Anybody need a roommate?)

Can I hitch a ride with someone from Blade Show to the Engrave-In? I'm sure I'll have a few suitcases.

Oh my goodness, so much to think about! This is going to be a busy year!

-Katherine

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
From what i've seen Katherine, the Waverly sounds like your best bet but it is not inexpensive. It is connected to the Cobb Galleria. Another hotel probably within walking distance is the Sheraton. Other than that, there may be some that have a shuttle.

Some of the veterans will probably have some additional information.

There are quite a few places a few miles away that rooms are around the $50 range as opposed to $100 - $200 for the Waverly or Sheraton.

Do some searches on hotels.com, travelocity, Orbitz, kayak, etc. You can see a LOT of choices, but the "walking distance" may be tough.

If inexpensive is your top priority near the Engrave-IN, the Regency in Monteagle is around $30 per night. No frills but it is about the least expensive around there. It is a bit run down but all I was there for was to sleep.

I'll be riding my motorcycle so I can't offer you a ride, as i'll already have about as much to carry as feasible:big grin:

Last edited:

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Katherine, your roommate in Reno might offer you accomadations at the Engrave-In..... She might put you to work feeding horses or gathering eggs though.

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Tim will make you wear penny loafers and a collard shirt if you ride on his bike.

You can ride around with me but you'll have to ride the fender .... However I can promise at least one "rest" stop on the way to Buckhead when I get a ticket for breaking the noise ordinance .... but then again .... blue means GO.

Last edited:

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
To fret or not to fret. Well at least I have options. ;) Do I need to clarify and say I'm not looking to ride on anybody's motorcycle?! :eek:

-K

ps- oh dang! I don't have penny loafers! How about flip flops!

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Flip flops work on Chris' bike only. Brian busted me out didn't he... Hey it was dark and that was technically an emergency crossing of an overpass. Idiots that designed that thing should have put a lane in for me in the first place...I might need to do that again sometime.

Latest posts

Sponsors