Naked Lady

Scratchmo

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
This is the first coin carving I've done in over five years. It's carved into a 1922 Peace Dollar using push gravers and Gesswein stones to smooth the background. A little heat for the patina.

Attachments

• 2010LoRes.jpg
    2010LoRes.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 343

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow, look at the lettering, changing the d to v. And then the tryst! looks look you had to go pretty deep to acheive that.

Is this a statement about our goverment in general? Not to start a political discussion though!

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Most EXCELLENT Scratchmo! I like that MUCH better than the original design.

:beerchug: Pleasure seeing it.

Scratchmo

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Wow, look at the lettering, changing the d to v. And then the tryst! looks look you had to go pretty deep to acheive that.

Is this a statement about our goverment in general? Not to start a political discussion though!

Yeah, I had to cut down the field to pronounce the lettering better. Peace Dollars in general have very weak lettering to start with. I ended up reworking the entire piece to make the relief in the hair match the rest of it, etc. It still has some dips and bumps that are disturbing to me, but the second one will be better. As for the statement, please feel free to interpret it anyway you like. It is what it is.

Yeah Joe, it's like riding a bike for the most part. I have been doing some die engraving, but just not any coin carvings fir at least five years now. I'm starting my numbers 01 for this new series starting in this year. I'm getting a very good response to it on a numismatic web site and already have about 50 orders for them should I decide to make a die and mass produce them.

It's good to be back in the saddle again. I have been reluctant to post anything on this site lately. I figure if I'm not producing, I really don't have much to bring to the table, but I've found a new direction and am starting to pursue my career in earnest once again.

Even though the inspiration was born from darkness, it's still given me back my passion for the craft. Thanks for all your kind remarks.

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
Ron,
Glad to see you carving again. You have been a big influence to me learning to carve.
Keep the eye candy coming so the rest of us can try and figure how you do it.

Later,
Keith

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Yeah, I had to cut down the field to pronounce the lettering better. Peace Dollars in general have very weak lettering to start with. I ended up reworking the entire piece to make the relief in the hair match the rest of it, etc. It still has some dips and bumps that are disturbing to me, but the second one will be better. As for the statement, please feel free to interpret it anyway you like. It is what it is.

Yeah Joe, it's like riding a bike for the most part. I have been doing some die engraving, but just not any coin carvings fir at least five years now. I'm starting my numbers 01 for this new series starting in this year. I'm getting a very good response to it on a numismatic web site and already have about 50 orders for them should I decide to make a die and mass produce them.

It's good to be back in the saddle again. I have been reluctant to post anything on this site lately. I figure if I'm not producing, I really don't have much to bring to the table, but I've found a new direction and am starting to pursue my career in earnest once again.

Even though the inspiration was born from darkness, it's still given me back my passion for the craft. Thanks for all your kind remarks.

Ron
You were my #1 supporter in my early days of coin carving, your inspiration has had a lasting effect on how I carve coins...

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You say there are dips and bumps in the field - I can't see 'em.

I'm staying away from touching the lettering at this point - I've tried it a couple of times and I just can't make fine enough, precise enough cuts to do any good. Yours looks better than the original!

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's good to be back in the saddle again. I have been reluctant to post anything on this site lately. I figure if I'm not producing, I really don't have much to bring to the table
Ron your knowledge and experiance brings more to the table than you realize. Glad to see you back at it. Would love to see you post some of your dies. That's interesting stuff.

BES

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Scratchmo!

Hi Scratchmo!

I looked at a forum of works much,
Made in this theme!
For all time, it was pleasant to me only
Sam's self-portrait!

Your work simply charm!!!
This quality of processing!
Artistry!
Sense!

Accept my congratulations!!!
BES
Eric S. Brezhitsky

choice

This is the first coin carving I've done in over five years. It's carved into a 1922 Peace Dollar using push gravers and Gesswein stones to smooth the background. A little heat for the patina.

I saw that on GIM. I don't think those guys have any concept of the time which goes into making one of these.

Latest posts

Sponsors