makers plate scrolls

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
the national bit,spur and saddle collectors is making a poster with members makers marks on a decorative 2" plate here is the the scroll work for mine.I have to engrave it one more time then i can peirce it and do my solder work. I just thought id show as its good practice and hope ill git some constructive critism. Thanks Wes

Attachments

• pegplate.jpg
    pegplate.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 169
  • pegplate1.jpg
    pegplate1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 135
  • pegplate2.jpg
    pegplate2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 134

Bunic

Elite Cafe Member
Griff,

I really like it! I have to admit that I know nothing about spurs; how they are made, how they attach to boots, or how you do your engraving and then attach it. My wife is from N. Calif. and we have a Western-themed room with a steer skull, leather lariat, and other Western stuff AND a set of really old spurs - her uncle's.

My only observation is that your art is not symmetrical. I don't know if that is good or bad. I still like it and hope to see the finished product.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi Griff,
Are you going to pierce out the negative space inside the scrolls?
In the first picture the one on the left would have a lot of unsupported area.
Or does it get used like a soldered overlay with something backing it?
I'm probally not understanding it correctly.
Best.

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
yes john, Im going to saw out around it then solder it to a plate of steel along with some other design elements to make a 2x2" plate to be photographed for a poster.

Bunic your right its very asymetrical, I tryied not to care but its bugging me so im going to fix it and do it again.:beat up:

Latest posts

Sponsors