Please welcome Cafe moderator Tira Mitchell

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Tira Mitchell has engraved motorcycles and motorcyle parts for James Hetfield, the lead singer of Metallica, national radio host Ken Hamblin and even Jay Leno. While the rest of us cower in fear of large...er...huge objects, Tira rolls up her sleeves and get's the job done. She's a fine engraver with a pleasant and positive attitude, and is a welcome and valuable asset to both the Cafe and the engraving art. I am grateful that she's agreed to take part in The Engraver's Cafe forum. Please make her welcome! / ~Sam

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome and nice to meet you Tira. Good luck tring to moderate this bunch of guys once they get going:)
Mike

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tira thanks for posting the books. I think you have two posting for International Cyclopedia of Monograms.
My long entry and someone elses' short entry.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
tira, your floor plate is my favorite gun part on the entire forum, period ! thanks for the work you do to make this all work. we all owe you a heap !

chris

hi
tira browning firearms in belgium had many of the fairer sex working for them as engravers an did better than most because the are very good at every thing the do and more patient than most males im sure you exell at everything you do the forum can only bennefit from your place here thank you
chris

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
hi
tira browning firearms in belgium had many of the fairer sex working for them as engravers an did better than most because the are very good at every thing the do and more patient than most males im sure you exell at everything you do the forum can only bennefit from your place here thank you
chris

You know, this might be one area where the newer 'power assisted' tools can make a real difference.

Women tend to have much better eye/hand coordination due in large part to the fact that the muscles in their hands are smaller. I know it has to be harder on a woman to hand-push a graver than someone with meathooks like mine. Easier for her to control it, easier for me to shove it around. Turn on some air and my one tiny little advantage (such as it is) goes away.

Imagine what those ladies at Browning and other places could have done with modern systems!

Ladies - especially any of you who've done both powered and un-powered engraving - is there any merit in my thought? I know that in other hand-crafts that favor dexterity over force most ladies can keep going strong long after I have to take a break to stop from cramping up (bigger muscles just wind up fighting each other).

And what good's a forum without a zombie thread or two? ;)

Sponsors