Stevens Favorite 1915

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
Hey guys,
I thought I would share with you my last project. I picked it up a local gun show for $80. I cleaned it up then restocked it and gave it a quick engrave job.... $165 invested total plus labor.

I am not looking for it to be critiqued as it is what it is.... quick.

I grew up learning to shoot with a Favorite .22 and I've always had a soft spot for them.

Attachments

• P1010032.jpg
    P1010032.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 342
  • P1010103.JPG
    P1010103.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 248

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am not looking for it to be critiqued as it is what it is.... quick.
Sorry, but I gotta do it anyhow. Your engraving is great, but your restocking leaves much room for improvement, and it's the easy part. Was that a used or pre-carved one? I only wonder because of the big honker in the bottom.

Dave

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I sure like the engraving. It's a good design and lends itself well to the rifle. Thanks for sharing, Seth

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
Yes.... it was a new pre-finished factory made stock from Varner Sporting Arms (They make a nice reproduction copy of the Stevens rifle). The fit was not the best by far but it's a 100 times better than what it had. :)

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Dennis, I really like what you did to the Steven's PS whats a big honker? keep up the good work. J.J.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think it looks really great, and very appropriate to the rifle. Tell Claudette and Greg I said hi. I took an engraving class with her back in 82 and 83 back when I was just a pup.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
PS whats a big honker?
A goose egg. It's a Chicago term.:thumbs up:
The large missing slab of wood in the box. If the stock came like that, I would have sent it back. The wood should stand proud of the metal so it can be filed flush during installation.

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
Hey thanks for all the nice words guys.... I listed it on Gunbroker the other day and it's now up to $605 with 12 days to go :) It looks like I will be able to feed the family for another few weeks. :) :)

Latest posts

Sponsors