I'm confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
In regards to the threads that were closed due to undesirable content, I am left wondering about something.

There have been many useful threads depicting great books and other supplies such as transfer solution, transparencies, etc.

Wouldn't it also be appropriate to warn other forum members of a merchant that is victimizing customers? This is a general question with no prejudice toward any specific company.

Peter

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wouldn't it also be appropriate to warn other forum members of a merchant that is victimizing customers? This is a general question with no prejudice toward any specific company. Peter

You make a good point Peter but I'm afraid that would be a dangerous thing to do from a legal standpoint. The merchant could sue for liable and even if the assertions were found to be true, the cost of defending the suit would be prohibitive.

The world of hand engraving is a very small one and a vendor with poor service (which is very rare in our trade) is soon found out through the personal interaction to engravers. Personally, I have never had a problem with any supplier to the trade in over 30 years. A far cry from the home improvement business.

Roger

Andrew Biggs

Hi Peter

Yes, there have been a lot of great threads about useful product from various suppliers. Long may that continue. There have also been some really good problem solving threads, especially about transparencies and transfer solutions.

Let me turn that question around.............................................

"Wouldn't it also be appropriate to warn other forum members of a customer that is victimizing a merchant?

Now wouldn't that be interesting. The suppliers telling us about their difficult customers that can never be satisfied, or the ones with a bad credit history or any other problem people they deal with.............but they don't.................... and so they shouldn't. It is not mine or anyone else's business.

The threads that were closed were done so for very good reasons that were all stated within the thread and for all to see. I personally do not want to see one sided arguments slamming reputable companies about something either real or perceived that I know nothing about. This forum is not a venue to air your grievances and become a judge and jury. That is just plain out wrong to do so.

I will say it again so that it is perfectly clear. This applies to all the suppliers!!!!

If any forum member wants to vent their spleen about any supplier they are more than welcome to do so.....................but not on this forum.

Now please, let that be an end to it. There are far better things to discuss and share amongst ourselves that are far more interesting.

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thank you for stating it so clearly, Andrew. That's it folks. Any other questions or comments pertaining to this subject can be directed to me personally via email.

~Sam

Brian

I'm so disharten by my post and the replies it received, but no longer.

Mr. Biggs,
are you saying that "you limit what people can say on this forum?" Is that not the right of freedom of speech? "venting from their spleen" Wow, such words. Your sending the wrong message to members, "your telling members to be careful of what they say" or it will be removed.

I joined this site because of the quietly of members and sam's talent , not to be JUDGED by the likes of you.

Sam, my apologies. Please close my account.
Sam, I'm sure this post will be removed, Please remove my membership.

airamp

Elite Cafe Member
Brian,

This is an open forum but to bring up an issue that is obviously a miscommunication or a business issue and to continue to bash a company or supplier is uncalled for.

There is no one that is on the forum that could help with a problem with a company and idle nonprogresive chatter is irritating to say the least.

Somehow only half of the story just doesn’t cut it.

The Poster would have to speak to the supervisor, manager, or owner to correct issues one might have with any company. It is only common cents... not the people trying to help with the art.

We are here to learn from the many that have more experience in the art and to help others if we can. Not to listen or read about someone constantly complaining without contacting the proper people to get the issue resolved quickly and move forward.

I have never had an issue with GRS or any suppliers of engraving or jewelry supplies where quick phone call could not resolve a misunderstanding or mistake on ether party’s part.

You should not take offence to ending a nonproductive discussion where it is the posters responsibility to correct the problem.

The forum is not for venting.

I do respect your feelings for freedom of speech but my feelings are enough is enough when the poster cannot manage there own responsabilitys.

I will say that you should consider staying on the forum and continue to help and discover some the great experiences, the more experienced can offer.

Just hate to see the art lose a potential master just because of what???

Reconsider giving up on people that are trying to help and are willing to teach, share and progress the art of engraving. That is what it about, not some misguided ramble and only half of a story...

Regards,
AirAmp

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
My patience is really starting to wear thin. Things of this nature suck the life and fun from forums and it's not going to happen here.

Brian: You joined our forum and in your first 8 posts have stirred up a hornet's nest, and from your perspective you're a victim.

There is NO freedom of speech here. Had you read the rules you'd understand that, but obviously you did not. This is not a democracy. It's a benevolent dictatorship. I say that tongue-in-cheek but at the same time it's true. No member is free to spout off what they wish. This forum is provided free of charge to over 3,500 hand engravers from around the world, and many of us have been friends for decades. My only request is that each member follow the rules in the sticky thread at the top of the page. Is that really too much to ask? Am I being that unfair? This forum is an extension of my home and when you're in my house you follow my rules, just as I would respect your rules at your house. If this is unfair or unacceptable to you (or anyone else for that matter) then you should not participate.

END of discussion.

~Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Sponsors