Brian's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now that I have tried to post this to the appropriate thread, I see that it is closed. But since I have grave concerns about what I saw in it, I am starting a new one.

I don’t know Brian and don’t know anything about his problem, but I have to say I am deeply concerned about many of the responses to this post. First I should say that my expereince with GRS employees, products, and service has always been positive, both before and since my 14 year association with them that ended two years ago. So in this respect I agree with all the posters about the abnormality of Brian’s problem. But I am very sorry to see many of these same posters saying that this is the wrong place to air such concerns. Where else would they air concerns about an engraving supplier? I did not see any similar angst over similar dispersions against shipping companies in a recent thread.
I think the tone of Brian’s initial post was less than friendly, but I think many people vent their frustration in a bad way when problems go unresolved. But to tell him or give the impression to other readers that questions about their engraving problems are not appropiate here goes against all that I believe this forum stands for. Public discussion of problems get them resolved whether it a be a poorly drawn design, a wrongly heat treated tool or a perhaps a bad salesperson. Again, I know nothing of his problem, but do know from practical experience of running a similar business, that stuff happens that you as the owner or manager don’t intend and sometimes it takes a little public turmoil to get things resolved.

I recognize that this is Sam’s forum, and he truly is the benovelant dictator and under those expectations I ask that the forum not be allowed to be closed to any discussion pertinent to the engraving community . We have seen that in a similar forum where mention of anything percieved as competition was disallowed and the Café was the only place to get honest and true discussions and comparisons of all tools systems. Fortunately, that sitation on the other forum has changed and now it is an open exchange of ideas as the Café has always been so please, let us not have any backward movement with the Engraver’s Café.

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I totaly agree with you Scott, it's not my intention to start this discussion all over again but I didn't understand why this couldn't be asked here in a polite way.
Now at least we know that many expieriences are very positif.
Otherwise we didn't know that for sure.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Scott: I'm not sure why you started another thread. I closed that thread because I wanted it stopped. If you perceive that as the Cafe going backwards, then I'm sorry you feel that way.

Cheers / ~Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.