Grs problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian

Hi

Is it me or has this happened with anyone one else. Placed a LARGE order on the 26th and my order still has not shipped. This is the 3rd time I placed an order with GRS and always the same problem.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I ordered a big flat graver and it took a long time but that was the ONLY time it happened. Ain't nobody perfect I'm told so I didn't put a black mark on their record because of it. Just a hiccup is all.

I'd give em' a call which I bet you have already done right?

Andrew Biggs

Hi Brian

I personally don't like these sorts of posts.

We have no idea of the transaction or what it involves or anything else about it. And we don't want to know as it's your business, not ours.

And the suppliers involved won't get on a public forum and make a reply because they respect your privacy.

It's been my experience with all of the suppliers that their service is excellent and that any delays are normally for very good reasons.

Like the others have suggested. Go to the supplier and talk it out with them and resolve any problems that you feel you may have.

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian,

I agree with Andrew, yet it is important for you to know that your experience must be very rare, and I too recommend using GRS free 800 number, perhaps you are using the recent buy online site, and could possibly be a wee glitch. I have had friendly and faultless service from GRS over many years, and I do not want to focus only on GRS, as Lindsay sales, and every other engraving related sales have all be excellent in my dealings, so here's trusting your direct phone call will immediately resolve this speed bump.

Rod

Last edited:

RoycroftRon

Elite Cafe Member
I recently ordered online and the online record said "it had not shipped" when it actually had. I called and they promptly got to the bottom of things. I think when you talk to a person there you get the real deal.

I think we are so used to computers being instantly updated on the status of an order we get a little spoiled. Some systems however allow you to place an order and it is then printed out and is handled the rest of the way as if it were called in - not saying this is the case here. Regardless there is a benefit to this kind of system as it allows you to order 24/7... of course the people processing the order work 9-5 M-F.

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Maybe you sent a check and it hasnt cleared yet, we dont know ? I usally receive my stuff in about 3 days when calling in; and pay by credit card, been getting stuff from them for over three years now-----without any trouble... I THINK WE ALL AGREE WITH ANDREW ABOUT YOUR POST...

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian, GRS is the most user friendly company I've ever dealt with. Please call your sales rep; he or she can be much more useful in resolving your issue than anyone on this forum.
Kevin P.

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have never had a problem with GRS and find their staff to be very professional and prompt on my orders. I would recommend that you phone them and ask where your order is. I have always been impressed with GRS and think highly of the employees and their products, and no, I don't work for them or live anywhere near Kansas. Just call them. Seth

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks, Andrew. You said what I was wanting to say but didn't!

I know I get anxious when I order something but sending an email or making a phone call is the way to get it resolved.

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
I always dislike calling a business and have to jump thru lots of hoops just to talk to a human. This NEVER happens with GRS. If there is a problem, it will be taken care of promptly.
gail.m

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
On a possibly related note, there have been some bands of pretty bad weather moving through this part of the country.

Where I live at the North end of Kansas City we skated by - but the storm went to our South, running right over Emporia where GRS is.

That may or may not be relevant.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Brian,
Not sure what the problem is. I agree with Andrew and Sam. This is not the place for this and You need to call them to ask your question. I know that if I have a problem that is the best way to resolve it. Direct to the people involved not by 3rd party.
Sandy

Brian

Grs

Thanks, Andrew. You said what I was wanting to say but didn't!

I know I get anxious when I order something but sending an email or making a phone call is the way to get it resolved.

First off, Sam. I did not ask to make them look bad. I asked a general question if anyone had problems. I am well aware you work for them and support them. Also ,I have called them and got no place with the phone call and was to receive a call back and that never happened.

This is not the first time and I'm sure it will not be the last. I'm not talking about payments, weather , but service. If I had any idea this would have set off such a response I would have not posted this message, ONLY Asked if anyone had this problem.

To the emailer s, THANK YOU for an honest reply to my post.

Sam, If you would like to remove me from your forum ( for this post), then please do so. I joined your forum for its source of information from a group of talented individuals and the help they offer, not to get jumped on for the support one shows a company.

Stay safe
Brian

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Brian: I wasn't the only person who felt that the tone of your post left a lot to be desired. Perhaps we all misinterpreted.

I'm puzzled as your comment about removing you from our forum. First off we don't remove people and have only banned one person in our 3+ years online (with the exception of spammers). At the same time I will not hesitate for a second if I feel it's necessary.

You are absolutely welcome to stay and participate, learn, share, make friends, and enjoy the fellowship, and I hope you choose to do so. There's a motherlode of good hearted people here who selflessly extend helping hands to others. Can we put this behind us and move forward?

~Sam

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian,

We would be most disappointed to have you stop posting, so please do not even consider it. Forums such as this one and others are a great way to be in touch, and there are a ton of good hearted and generous people always willing to support us and point us in a forward direction. Your brief question was innocent and curious as to how things were in general. Sam and Andrew, and in the past other 'moderators', have the added and important job of keeping the slate clean and impartial, and they do it in a kindly and often humorous way. Hope you get a chance to meet up with them and others who post here, they are a lot of fun!

Being a Scotsman, I have to watch how many jokes I post to John B ( who used to be a steeplechase jockey in England) on this forum ... don't want to be struck off the list for being anti English!

By the way, did you hear the one about the Scotsman, the Irishman, and the Englishman.... etc!

keep posting ...

Rod

Andrew Biggs

Hi Brian

You asked the question and we have given you our answers. You may not like them............ but they are also honest replies.

There are a lot of us that simply don't like to see this type of thing aired in public as it is simply a one sided point of view and the suppliers do not conduct their business on a public forum. Therefore we never get to hear their side of it but unfortunately they are left with a question mark hanging over their heads. All of the things that have been mentioned by others and yourself do affect service.

This is about what is appropriate for the forum and these types of subjects are not for the very reasons that have been stated by myself and others. This applies to all of the suppliers weather it be GRS, Lindsay, N-Graver, Rio-Grande, Geisweinn etc etc. Sam contracting his services to GRS has nothing to do with it. It is about being fair to our suppliers regardless of who they are.

Of course you are not going to be removed from the forum. We are just letting you know that we don't like the subject or the content. Just as you meant no offence by asking the question...........we mean no offence with our replies. :)

Cheers
Andrew

RoycroftRon

Elite Cafe Member
There are always those threads that people find that the tone is not to their liking. What is nice is that you can choose not to revisit a thread if it is that way for you...

Kind of like Howard Stern's show... It may not be for you, you know what channel it is on so don't go back if you don't like it... But it does not mean you have to stop listening to the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Sponsors