RENO Jam Session Question

Abigail

Administrator
Hello All! We had a blast at the jam session on the 5th floor down by the pool. I do have a question for those of you that were there after Sam and I left. As we got onto the elevator, two 'official looking' folks got off of the elevator. I heard the lady say to the man "yes, there they are over there" and they nodded toward where we were all sitting and singing. So, my question is, did they run everyone off after Sam and I left? Just curious. :eek:

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes, they did. They said we were a fire hazard. Some employees starting moving chairs before the man and woman in charge came up and asked us what was going on.

We thought Sam must have turned us in after ya'll left, LOL

engravewhat

Rund oft

Yes, they ran us off, said we were a fire hazard because we were blocking the hallway. They gave the group no alternate place to go and this would be my only complaint for the entire weekend. The jam session was a highlight of the weekend. Thank you to all the musicians who joined in. Dennis

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm gonna ask when I check in next year if there is a place out of the way that we can use for that. It's not like there isn't any space. If they refuse I'll resort to threatening to only drink their cheap beer...

Andrew Biggs

A fire hazard!!..............that's a good one.

I have visions of everyone bursting into flames all around the hotel.

Maybe have the music by a fire escape next year..............just in case :)

Cheers
Andrew

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The Nugget seemed to bend over backwards to help us. I would think there would be some place. We'll see what we can do for next year.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i wasn't there & shouldn't comment-- but i bet all the money your event brought to the joint didn't start any flames or conflagrations.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I thought maybe they meant you were a fire hazard because you were really rockin' the place,........ and burning up the strings. Were your fans and audience tearing at your cloths and such, and trying to get your autograph?

And hey Rod, Sam, Fred, Stan, and Abigail, didn't you tell them who you were?:beat up:

What? They never heard of the "Fega's Fingers five band"?:shock:

Well now, there ya go. Some people are just not Hip.....And another thing. You didn't have your handicapped guy with you............HeeHeeHee.....

I say, rock on!!........:beerchug:

Ron S

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Abigail,
Regardless of the Nugget's opinion I would like to thank you, Rod, Stan and Fred for a wonderful little concert.
One of the most enjoyable parts of the whole week.
All of you light our fires with your song amd music. Outstanding, many thanks.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Here's a video of Abigail's band last fall. She's singing Landslide by Fleetwood Mac.

[youtube]oJJejzbX9Zo[/youtube]

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
If you have received an email from Nugget, there is a link to a survey. If you plow through it, there is a question asking for comments on any problems. I reported the wheel loaders in the railroad starting about 3 AM and said that I realized they couldn't do anything about that,but.... I also told them how wonderful the Legacy was about letting us play where we did and how unfortunate someone at the Nugget couldn't be more helpful.

The jam was fun, though, and at least the Music Police waited until we were just about done. Scott "Prine" was especially entertaining.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It was a good weekend and we got to play three sessions in all. It would have been even better with Ron and Liz. I am sure that next time, Carl and Tim and others will join in.

Abigail, I'd walk a million miles for one of your smiles, and another rendition of that fine song, "Hey Bobby" !

Roger threw open his hotel room to be invaded by many song enthusiasts for our first session. I think I counted about six people on his king size bed? His Scots songs were a blast, and Scott's 'Tennessee Stud' was very authentic.

Rex, you are right, next time the Nugget will find us a quiet corner. They do want us to have a good time. Thanks once more to you and all FEGA organizers!

Rod

Last edited:

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Had there been a fire we would more likely run over someone getting out than block any traffic...including running over the "fire marshal"! The music was most enjoyable and I look forward to next year.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Come on...........Ya'll are welcome.

Sam W,........ didn't I see a guitar in your hands? I think a yukalali (or however you spell it) would be a grand edition, to our get together, and the one you are working on is going to be beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished. How long will I have to wait?

You know, after thinking about it, that handicapped bit didn't work too good before.

Never mind.

Ron S

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here's a video of Abigail's band last fall. She's singing Landslide by Fleetwood Mac.

I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan and that is a great rendition of Landslide Abigail.

Thanks for posting the link Sam.

That sounds absurd regarding the "fire hazard" incident. Seems they should have provided a solution. Sometimes employees get over zealous!