Question: to Sam about Skype

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have both Windows Messenger and Skype in my contact profile.
Skype however always tell I'm ofline, even when I'm online.

So when one want to see who is online, there is an grey Skype icon after my name, even when I'm online with Skype it should turn green but it always is grey.

not that important of course, just want to mention thisv:)

arnaud

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I should get on Skype and chat with you sometime, Arnaud. I only use it when I travel, but it would be fun to talk to you via video chat.

leroytwohawks

Elite Cafe Member
Mario, You can go to http://www.skype.com and download the software and as long as you have a microphone your ready to go, a video camera is just an added bonus, no one wants to see my mug anyway:big grin: I talk with Danial Houwer in the Netherlands every now and then, and it's quite nice to be able to put a voice with a name.

See you on skype,
Kevin

That sounds to be fun - what do i need for it?
Webcam? Headset? Software?

Daniel Houwer

Elite Cafe Member
I don't know when the skype sign is grey or green, but it sure is a nice way to have a chat with like minded:big grin:
I had a chat with Arnaud just a few hours ago. So much easier to get to know who is who behind posts on a forum. My skype name is carbalt1:)
Leroy knew some cool tricks about screen sharing. That way you can show something that is on your computer to the other one. Makes it even more ineresting.

Hope to talk to you soon Mario :tiphat: Always enjoy your work.

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well well this seems to become quite interresting, Daniël already "pushed" me a bit to joy Skipe.
I always have been a latedeveloper, but I have to think about it seriously now.

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud, my guess is that you haven't enabled the 'Show my status on the Web' in privacy settings. It is disabled by default and you have to specifically enable it on every computer where you install the Skype client.

But here's another idea. We could create a engravers multichat in skype... Just find all the people who use skype and add them to one chat. No webcams or mics needed, this is 'text based', like IRC. Audio calls are of course possible to the whole group, if wanted. These multichats work really nice and they are our main communication tool at work. I have constantly about 30-40 chats open with different people and projects. If some are interested, then let me know and I start collecting people :).

Viljo

Last edited: