Titanium engraved wedding ring shaded

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just finished the shading of this Titanium ring. The sides have a running leaf border I showed earlier.
The design was drawn using Sam's transfer wax directly on the ring under the scope. I know there are perhaps some areas where I could have ad a extra leaf, anyhow, no one can see the engraving in one, so perhaps it is allowed if the design is not totally in balance.
The dimensions for this lady wedding ring is 10mm wide, diameter 17mm high of the profile 1,7 mm

comments as always are welcome, arnaud

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks GREAT Arnaud. I think having that amount of backround removed makes the design really stand out.

Well done.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Jim

Thank you Sam, it was not that easy for me to cut the small turns on a curved surface like a ring.

Thank you Peter, yes it was a lot of background removal, but it is the only way by doing it that one can find the best method for doing it.

Thank you Daniel, first come Titanium of course, followed by silver then gold and platinum. I don't know how it is in other countries but in Antwerp and probably also in all Belgium, there is almost no gold being sold, only a bit of white gold.
So the whole sale shops have only few golden jewellery, as they sold most of there golden jewellery as "demolition gold" now that the price of the gold is that high and no one seems willing to buy golden jewellery.

So in my opinion, Titanium is a good alternative, especialy for wedding rings, and I make quite a lot of them by hand.

arnaud

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice ring Arnaud.
You said in another topic that you are welding those titanium rings, how and with what do you weld them.
Isn't it much easyer to buy basicrings???
Another question, what graverangles are you using for titanium.
Willem

Daniel Houwer

Elite Cafe Member
That is an interesting bunche of questions too Willem.

Thanks Arnaud for the answer.

And what is your favorite metal to engrave top 5?
Just asking because I am curious.
I love to cut gold, silver and mild steel. After that (in how it cuts) come titanium and stainless. Stainless although hard to cut does give a very good and lasting engraving. Titanium in my opinion is good to cut although a bit "crispy" and the grade I am using doesnt get me a bright cut alas.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Willem, I use a Puk3 (Lampert) it is an cheaper tool than laser welding, but doe almost the same job.
This Ti ring is a pre fabricated one I have bought some, but most wedding rings I make are "organic" designs. So they can't be cast, and not made in an industrial way, that is why I can make and sell them without having to compete with cheap Taiwan copies.

arnaud

rodsta

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud I've done some eyeglass frames with the Puk but never tried a ring.
Lots of questions. I guess I'll have to get some raw material
to work with. Any suggestions?

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Don' t know if you have a Puk1 Puk2 or Puk3,
To weld two plates Titanium 1,5 mm thick, you have to make a V and weld it and fill the V with extra material.
So if I do that properly, I can stretch the ring at least 6 mm (contour) without breaking the welding.
You have to think how welding is done by professional welders, and than do it on a smaller size

arnaud

Arnaud I've done some eyeglass frames with the Puk but never tried a ring.
Lots of questions. I guess I'll have to get some raw material
to work with. Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Sponsors