Swan-o-gram

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Anybody who has been here to the Engrave-In has no doubt noticed our neighbors house with the large fields surrounded by white fences. You may have also noticed the two large ponds with swans swimming around. His name (my neighbor, not the swans, LOL) is Wiggins and this is a Mag-lite I did for him this morning.

More Mag-lite monograms and monogram tutorial are found here.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=106353&id=620703410&l=491925fb5c

Last edited:

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks good Scott. Creative design.

I cut my initials into a couple of (2)AA sized Mag-Lites and the anodizing sort of chipped or flaked away as I cut it.

That looks smooth.

CJ Allan

Elite Cafe Member
Scott...
I have a joint project proposal for the 2010 Engrave-In, for ya.....
Give me a holler when ya get a minute or 3.... :)

270-492-6209

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Willem, yes its anodized aluminum, and Yes, Peter, sometimes it does sort of flake. I have cut 100+ maglites in thelast 7 or 8 years, and I have noticed that some seemed more prone to it than others. I think its important that your face angle is low, (45 degrees or maybe 40) so that there is a longer cutting edge for anodized layer rather than 65 degree faces I use for most things.

Just for fun, why not have another mystery thread. Since this is about design, why not see who can spot some design errors? There are three that could be discussed, one is pretty obvious to me still, and the other two have been mostly hidden. I know I could have eliminated them if I had worked the design more on paper, but I like to draw these and start cutting. I drew an outline on the cap of what I thought would work and started cutting within 5 minutes of uncapping the marker the first time.

Latest posts

Sponsors