Help, please: I'm looking for three of these.

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
Gold colored boys head measures 5/8 x 7/8 inch. There is no stamp on this. It looks to be gold plated or filled. I've checked a number of jewelery and supply stores on the net can't locate it. Help please!

Jim ::eek:

ben.JPG

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jim if you can't find three of these in your region, perhaps I have a solution.
Willem

Attachments

• kinderkopje.jpg
    kinderkopje.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 92
  • kinderkopje (1).jpg
    kinderkopje (1).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 67

charles wu

Sorry,Jim and all
Willem,
I took the wrong sliproad.. i got it just now. sorry again

Last edited:

charles wu

Thanks Willem,
Im so sorry, what is the sliproad you mean? thanks very much for your kind clear.

tbear

Jim,
Your best bet would be to get some gold sheet from Rio Grande and sawing the shapes out with a jewelers saw. Stuller and Quality both require that you open an account as far as I know.

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Willem,
Im so sorry, what is the sliproad you mean? thanks very much for your kind clear.
Charles, I think you had the intention to show this work at another spot instead of Jim's topic, so you lost your way (I have send you a personal message)
Willem

Stuller, New York, Quality, etc all have charms that look similar to this but in karat gold. If the item is actually gold-filled or plate, you would be in a very different price range.
How thick is it? Does the client recall how much was paid for the sample? (I'm guessing you are trying to match a client's item.) Is there any visible difference in color on the edge? (Some g.f. items have a raw edge without gold coating and will begin to discolor with time. Engraved details on the surface may do the same.)
If you absolutely have to make one of a similar material, Rio Grande used to carry gold-filled sheet in a few thicknesses but I think it was only one-sided. That would require soldering two pieces together back to back and doing the cut-out.
Hope you can find it some other way.
Peace,
Francis

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
and one past work on steel sheet, first try on the western pattern and first try one the steel sheet. some difficult than work on the copper or brass sheet. still a new on that. welcome comments. also all by chisels.

Charles Wu looks like you copied work done by Phil Coggan.
I have seen this one before on another forum and you know, engraving in the style of another person is one thing....but an outright copy is another!!

Phil

Latest posts

Sponsors