Greeting from China traditional metal carver

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome charles. dragons are are a favorite design of mine. your work is exquisite, to say the least. thanks for joining with us.

charles wu

你好
我是雕工。 我爱访问中国。
我来自美国。
什么省您从

maybe thats is correct. I am learning Chinese. Nice work and glad to have you here.

Thank you man,
Im glad you are leaning Chinese, and also im learning English here,

Absolutely, Your Chinese is completely correct, im happy, im a carver too,
Wecole to China, as long as long you came here, just let me know, you will get a warm reception.

Im in Guangdong Province. zhongshan city. welcome to China, have you been in China?

charles wu

Hello Charles, and welcome to our Cafe engraving family! Beautiful, deep carving in your photos, and I'm sure many members would like to know more about the process which appears to be different from the styles we are familiar with. Post photos and join the group. We are pleased to have you with us.

~Sam

Thanks Sam, Thanks your warm welcome, thanks your first input here. Yes, you are right, some differences may be here. we will have the answer.
Im also pleased to meet all you here. thanks again.

charles wu

Wu, sure you have the right spirit sharing passion
To me your work looks a bit different than what I have learned in this café, but another point of view is really appreciated.

How wonderful this place is, we can share all these different styles.

Thank you for sharing some of your work, like to see more of it. :)

btw, your english is perfect to me.

arnaud .

Thank you Arnaud,
Yes, i also watch and learn different styles from others share.
There will be more of my work here. you will enjoy them.
Thanks you. i will work hard on my english.

charles wu

is that a phoenix bird next to the dragon? Beautifull Repoussé and chasing

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, thanks you.
a phoenix bird next to the dragon, in chinese, it means a lot in China.
Like, we have an old traditional, when the people get married, the friends or the relative will give presents for them. wishes them. there is one most classical pattern is the phoenix bird play with the dragon, like they embroider the pattern on an pillow or quilt. it means that happy, love, wealthy.....

charles wu

Charles, I like the number of liners and chisels and look forward to some description of your working methods.
Welcome, I think your English will be good enough.
Kevin P.

Thanks Kevin, for working methods, There was a input already.
Thank you. but please let my english be better.

charles wu

Charles, welcome. Please show us more! Your repousse, I think, is very beautiful. I would like to see you progress from a flat sheet to the finished piece. That might be asking too many secrets from you. I want to see more of your work.
Thanks,
Tom

Tom, Xie xie,
Just ask for every point you want to know.
There is no secret here. the tradtinal crafts need keeping. need more and more people know that, and play with that.
you will see more work. thanks you

charles wu

Jim,
Im also trying to make the tiny engravings like yours. i am a new of that, i will have a more watch of your art work and art design

charles wu

Welcome, and thank you for sharing your art. I like what you have done.

Looking at your tools, a lot of them remind me of what is used in leather work. I was wondering if that is where you got some of them, but use them to move the metal...

Mike

Mike, Thanks,
The chisels is not used for the leather, and i think they can not used for the leather, we make them by ourselfs,

charles wu

Charles,

So nice to see your work, and to see these pictures that begin to give us a sense of the sequence! Forums give us such a good opportunity to reach out across the world, and share our work and interests. You will enjoy this forum and its many good hearted members!

Welcome!

Rod

Rod thanks.
Im really happy if you or someone like it, or interest it.
Thanks, i have met lots good hearted friends, they teach me many things without any pay.

Latest posts

Sponsors