Greeting from China traditional metal carver

charles wu

Greeting from China Carver :beerchug:

Call me Charles, pls. i speack Chinese, also a little English. Come from China mainland.

Im happy have know this great forum thanks to my other friend.
I love the chinese traditional carving very much, also we call them worldwide traditional metal chasing and repousse.

i love to make pure handmade carveing and engraving metal fittings for the Chinese and Japanese and western Katana Sword Weapons, Buddhist altar, Furniture, Metal Mural & Plaque over time. and focused on the reproduction of the world genuine antique weapon metal fittings.

I expect i can study more and learn more here, talk more with others,share what im doing, what i know,

There is an old saying in China, tell the truth and tell the whole truth, according to your questions. in chinese " 知无不言,言无不尽" and the pin yin, the pronunciation is " zhi wu bu yan, yan wu bu jin "

Needless to say, I know everybody who joining for this forum, be a team and family. and every body will successful, not only one. your more share will be greater effort for our forum. for your forum.

P.S. Please somebody correct my english-writing mistakes...

Here is thw work im making and the chisels are used.

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hello Charles, and welcome to our Cafe engraving family! Beautiful, deep carving in your photos, and I'm sure many members would like to know more about the process which appears to be different from the styles we are familiar with. Post photos and join the group. We are pleased to have you with us.

~Sam

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
你好
我是雕工。 我爱访问中国。
我来自美国。
什么省您从

maybe thats is correct. I am learning Chinese. Nice work and glad to have you here.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wu, sure you have the right spirit sharing passion
To me your work looks a bit different than what I have learned in this café, but another point of view is really appreciated.

How wonderful this place is, we can share all these different styles.

Thank you for sharing some of your work, like to see more of it. :)

btw, your english is perfect to me.

arnaud .

Last edited:

JIA

Elite Cafe Member
is that a phoenix bird next to the dragon? Beautifull Repoussé and chasing

Welcome to the forum.

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Charles, I like the number of liners and chisels and look forward to some description of your working methods.
Welcome, I think your English will be good enough.
Kevin P.

Tom Curran

Elite Cafe Member
Charles, welcome. Please show us more! Your repousse, I think, is very beautiful. I would like to see you progress from a flat sheet to the finished piece. That might be asking too many secrets from you. I want to see more of your work.
Thanks,
Tom

Andrew Biggs

Welcome aboard Charles.

Your work is beautiful and it would be nice to see how you go about it. That's quite a collection of chisels and punches that you have

Cheers
Andrew

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Charles, some nice work on the sword guards. I also like the order kayos of your tools.
Looks a lot like my own bench.

Jim

Idaho Flint

Elite Cafe Member
Welcome, and thank you for sharing your art. I like what you have done.

Looking at your tools, a lot of them remind me of what is used in leather work. I was wondering if that is where you got some of them, but use them to move the metal...

Mike

charles wu

First quick reply for all,
It seems that im late now. Sorry, the glance view of all the post here. i have to leave now.
Late i will make all reply according to each very kind, enthusiastic and warm questions, comments keeping here.

Undeniable, im coming to love here. i love you, love all, love the Scott Pilkington's chinese. i want to shouting: im here, i love you. in Chinese 我爱你们,我来了! = wo ai ni men! wo lai la !

charles wu

may be i need to give some sequence photos before my urgent leave.
Photos here, Shows without a question that a picture is worth a thousand words

Thanks all you input here!!

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Charles,

So nice to see your work, and to see these pictures that begin to give us a sense of the sequence! Forums give us such a good opportunity to reach out across the world, and share our work and interests. You will enjoy this forum and its many good hearted members!

Welcome!

Rod

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Charles for the nice tutorial.
Its great to see work from all over the world.
Have fun here and thanks for showing.
Willem