William Gaylord PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

mollydodger

Hello! New to this forum and I am looking for assistance. I was researching for and reading info on the works of my uncle John E. Warren. I ran across a post on the hand engravers site by a fellow named William "Bill" Gaylord. He states he is the grandson of John Warren. Obviously we apparently are related and both are interested in his works. I have what I believe to be his FIRST work and would like to discuss with William or anyone else interested. If anyone here can connect the two of us I would truly appreciate it. John Warren was my mothers brother and he was one of seven children. Three girls and four boys. All the boys were skilled artisans with metal and other things. John did the work on a small Belgian made single shot 410ga shotgun. He gave it to my mom who used it to shoot rabbits when she was a kid. It was then passed on to me and I hunted with it as a youth. It now resides in my collection. :thumbs up:

Last edited:

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
you might give me call, 931-924-3400 and I can give you a phone number of someone who can give you some info on John Warren. I am quite sure he visited him personally, engraver to engraver.

any information that you obtain would be very interesting many of us here on the forum, and should be kept by the FEGA Historian.

Sorry, I have not visited the forum since I first posted. I've just sent a message providing my email address so you can contact me about my grandfather, John E. Warren. My job at AT&T labs has kept me overworked lately as I am one of the main system engineers for Uverse IPTV. My work schedule is gradually getting back to normal, so I am recovering time for projects like tracking down where my grandfather's work has wound up among collectors. My goal is to produce a book commemorating his life and work. Any help tracking down collectors who currently own guns my grandfather engraved, would be much appreciated. What I'd like to do is arrange for photos of the guns I don't already have photo records of.

Thanks!
Bill Gaylord

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bill,

Do you have the book American Engravers published in 1980? I wrote a chapter on your grandfather in that book along with photos of his work that he providie to me.

CRB

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Mr.Gaylord,I have a collector friend in Centerville Va. who has a Marlin lever action in 22cal.restocked & engraved by John E Warren.I will call him tonight and try and have him contact you. J.J.Roberts

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
I just want to jump in to say this is one cool thread, and I hope mollydodger and William Gaylord return after they have made contact with each other, and update us.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is a fine, fine undertaking; I just love stuff like this. I hope he finds TOO much info so he can make as comprehensive a book as he wishes, lacking nothing. Best of luck.:beerchug:

Crisp

Hello, Finally I may be able to learn a little about John E. Warren. I have a rifle that my grandfather had made for my grandmother, is was pasted down to my father and now to me. Its a mauser action 270 that took him 4 years to complete. I'm told its the first rifle he put his name on signed John E. Warren 1952. Please contact me and we can talk.
Thanks Kirk
KirkCrisp@gmail.com

Hello! New to this forum and I am looking for assistance. I was researching for and reading info on the works of my uncle John E. Warren. I ran across a post on the hand engravers site by a fellow named William "Bill" Gaylord. He states he is the grandson of John Warren. Obviously we apparently are related and both are interested in his works. I have what I believe to be his FIRST work and would like to discuss with William or anyone else interested. If anyone here can connect the two of us I would truly appreciate it. John Warren was my mothers brother and he was one of seven children. Three girls and four boys. All the boys were skilled artisans with metal and other things. John did the work on a small Belgian made single shot 410ga shotgun. He gave it to my mom who used it to shoot rabbits when she was a kid. It was then passed on to me and I hunted with it as a youth. It now resides in my collection. :thumbs up:

I'm back to working on the photo and written record of my Grandfather's work, so I'll be posting on this forum again. I'm gathering whatever records, stories, and photographs I can. I'm consolidating the work records I have into a spreadsheet I can sort, search, and update more easily. Any owners of guns my grandfather engraved who are interested in information about when he did the engraving and what other work he might have done, feel free to contact me via this forum, or send email to "williamgaylord@bellsouth.net". I plan to use the archive to publish a book on my grandfathers work.

Important: I have a strict policy of keeping owner's personal information strictly private, and would not use such information in the book, nor would I share it with anyone without the express permission of that owner.

drydoc

Mr Gaylord I would like to get in touch with you ,concerning a piece of your granfathers work

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors