Monogram sketch

nomentalgiant

Elite Cafe Member
Since I don't have much experience working in this style I decided to refer this sketch to all you lettering gurus out there. When you enlarge a 1.5 inch drawing to fit your screen, suddenly every little thing starts looking bad.:)
Any advice will be much appreciated!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
It doesn't look bad to me. This will produce a very pretty monogram.

Suggestions: Don't cross a wide cut with a hairline (top loop and top right on the B), and try to avoid crossing a wide cut with another wide cut. The lower right part of the B you have a wide loop from the H crossing under the wide cut of the B. Make that H loop a hairline instead.

Nice job on the layout. :beerchug:

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Only suggestion I have is like Sam said, except I would bring that line at the top across and tie the monogram together with a hairline. Otherwise very nice monogram. It will look good. You might make the stems of the center letter bolder than the side letters if it is the last name initial and it should be.

Just some insignificant suggestions.

Ron S

nomentalgiant

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the input guys. Its great not always having to learn the hard way when instead you can simply ask those who already have. I'll be sure to snap a few pics when I'm finished.

Latest posts

Sponsors