Shipping guns

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
I've shipped guns all over the states but now have a potenial client in Canada. Anybody know how much of a PITA it is to have a long gun shipped over and back for service? Just thought I'd get opinions here before going to the feds.

David

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Dave
Last year I went to Canada for a goose duck hunt, I took over an hour to get across the border with all the paper work filled out in advance:beat up: Good luck

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You will have to file a Form 6 for temporary importation. Expect a 8-12 week delay for a responese at minimum. You need to charge for the extra headache, cause it might be easy or migth be a PITA.

What he has to do on his side of the border is his own paperwork headache.

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
Scott is a form 6 not a ATF form for Canadians to take our guns into the State's. I have one and it is needed to enter the U.S. but does nothing at the Canadian side that I am aware of. Oddly we can still ship guns through the post office with no hassel. I will see what I can find out for going the other direction. Tim comes over to northern Ontario for a deer hunt each year, he even put an article in the Engravers Journal about his vacation. He would know the process. If I get a chance I will venture over to Canada Customs.

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
Sorry read that wrong, it is a Canadian gun . Form 6 is needed. If he is willing to take the gun into the States and ship it to you there should be no problem. I believe Fed Ex or whoever will only deliver to a gun store or gun smith as it was explained to me. I will find out more of sending to Canada. I have been told it can be shipped direct to his home, that's hear say at this point though. Friends are comeing to a buddies home for a duck hunt from Arkansas and they plan on shipping there guns to my friends home in advance. Can tell you in a while how that works out. ( should have read that a little closer, sorry Scott):beat up: