Anitques Roadshow

Neo Dutch

Elite Cafe Member
Watched an Ep the other day and they had a door lock, keep and key from an old manor house. Fully engraved brass with differing metal corner that were pierced.

Price was put at a couple of hundred stirling. I certainly think it was worth more, particularly if you were trying to match it with a new one.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I stopped watching as they have been showing nothing but past shows....repeatedly!

I got to a stage where I think I had seen them all. Anyone know if they are or will be filming new episodes?

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Peter,not sure when new episodes will come out, Iam still waiting for new episodes from Survivorman, so while I wait, I watch The TrailorPark Boys on dvds. I really got caught up with theses guys, probably because I know so many people like them !!!!!!

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I recently saw an episode where the owner brought in an engraved Colt SAA. The apraiser said, among other things "this gun is factory engraved" in a reverent tone of voice. The owner then said "so this gun was machine engraved." To which the apraiser said "no it is hand engraved." I could see the look of confusion on the owner's face. It seems like the average person doesn't doesn't hold the same regard for the word "factory" as do collectors of American guns.

CRB

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Roger; I saw that episode also. I dont blame that fellow for not knowing the difference, if people dont grow up in that culture or pick it up from being around freinds, they are lost. I"ve never been around computors or cameras that much, dont have that kind of background, so when people start talking phrases that pertain to either, Iam at a loss,and I wasnt that interested to bother to pick it up...However, wish I knew more about them both now. I wouldnt be posting now if Monk hadnt helped me...

Latest posts

Sponsors