Announcement: In memory of Mary Glaser

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Mary Glaser, wife of the late Don Glaser and mother of DJ Glaser of Glendo, died peacefully last night at 8PM. Many of us remember Mary from trips to Emporia or at the many trade shows she attended with Don. She was clever and charming and had a great sense of humor! She sure gave me plenty of smiles and laughs and I have a ton of Mary stories I could tell.

Our heartfelt condolences go out to the Glaser family during this time of mourning. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

~Sam & Abigail

Andrew Biggs

I'm very sorry to hear that news. The Glaser family has strong family bonds that bind them together. My very sincere condolences and commiserations to DJ and his family. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

It is the stories that keep our loved ones alive in our hearts and memories and the generations to come.............and they should be told often.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It takes a strong woman to stand with strong man, and Don sure had his hands full at times with Mary. I trust that her and Don are together again and know she is far better off now than in recent months. My condolences to DJ, Diane and the other siblings.

Thanks for posting this Sam.

Last edited:

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My thoughts and prayers to DJ and his family. Mary was really a great person and will be missed.
Rex

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
we all have a common sharing with the glaser family i guess you could say. they have helped establish a new way of doing things for most of us. and in that, i should think we are all at a loss when such folks depart.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mary and Don were both favorites of my family. They treated us with great kindness and acceptance. Mary was a one of a kind and the memories are warm and sweet.

armcarve

In the summer of 2000, I attended my first engraving class at the GRS. I had my husband Jim & my 2 year old daughter Jess along for the trip. We met Mary at the Tuesday evening dinner at the Best Western. Mary took a real shine to my daughter Jess. At the end of the week at class, Don Glaser handed me a small gift from Mary to Jess. It was a beanie baby stuffed animal dog. Jess loved it!
It was a simple genuine act of kindness. It really touched me. I'll never forget Mary. Jess remembers Mary also & she was only two. By the way, Jess sill has the stuffed animal dog.

My deepest condolences to the entire Glaser family,
Amy Armstrong

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sorry to hear of great spirits gone from this earth, but Don and Mary were two of my favorites. Sorry for your losses DJ and family.

Ron S

Latest posts

Sponsors