Ron Smiths Glasses?

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
I have searched for hours trying to find a post, where Ron Smith made mention of some special glasses he had made. If anybody has any info on it I would love to revisit that post as I intend to have some made.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
John B!

At the GM Weekend, Joseph was showing his specail 'bulino' glasses, an Optician spent some time making them, they incorporated a bit of eye correction for Josepg, but not much. I tried them and really liked them. They were very thick, about 10 mm or more, and Joseph said they were more comfortable on his eyes because of something to do with optivisors constraining the natural eye convergence.... but don't quote me, because I may have picked that up incorrectly. I liked them. Joseph said he liked to look over the top of them at a reference drawing, etc, with ease.

Maybe Joseph will see this and write a post?

See you in Reno, my good friend!

Rod

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Yes, I saw Josephs glasses at Grand Masters too, Rod.
But didn't try them on as you did. There were just too many intresting distractions.
I got the impression that the magnification was around 3.5, though.
Does that match with your thinking?
Maybe Joseph will bring them to Reno and let us have a little play with them.
Best to ya.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I saw a post recently also where Steve, if I recall correctly, had his opthamologist make a pair with the magnification and focal point suited for engraving.

Seems like a GREAT idea. I'm thinking next time I have my eyes examined, i'll see what the doctor can do.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
John B,

I found these two pics of Andrew wearing Joseph's very thick bulino glasses we are writing about...Martin took the pics.

Rod

Attachments

• P1070335.jpg
    P1070335.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 79
  • P1070336.jpg
    P1070336.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Rod,
Thank you for the pictures. You can trust our friend Andrew to not let something useful slip bye.
Enquiring (Kiwi) minds need to know :)

Peter E.
Yes, that post by Steve is the one I was talking about in my earlier reference, thanks.

Latest posts

Sponsors