Practice Plate

Markofx

Hi Sam,

Here's an idea that could really help us beginners. Could you draw up a scroll and leaf design that we can download and cut along with you? I'm sure I'd love to see the pattern progress with back ground removal and the best part, your shading. In the end we'd all have our plate and be able to download your finished photo to keep in our files for reference.Please give it some thought, as a simple design comes alive with well placed shading.
Thanks, Mark

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi Mark. I suppose that could be done. Steve Lindsay did that on his forum. Jacques was showing his practice plate that he'd cut and it looked great. / ~Sam

jacques herbst

Elite Cafe Member
Markofx here is a link to the thread http://www.igraver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559 .it is a very good idea and i would like to see more of it.you can cut line for line and see what he does with the graver during cutting.he is not finished with it yet and i cant wait for more.if you follow what he does and look at your plate the effect is so much more clear than a tutorial with pictures,not that there is any thing wrong with a picture tutorial.it is that there is more info if you pay attention to the video tutorial.if you are like me with no engraver in sight it is so nice to see someone cut and it is free.

Markofx

Thanks Jacques,

I really wanted to see Sam do the same project, as In my opinon Sam and Steve are at the top of their field as most would agree. I think it really is important to watch these masters as well as listen to what is being explained thru pictures. I'm doing alot more drawing then cutting thanks to guys like Sam and Steve, and hope to draw until I don't want to run to the computer and reinvent someone elses work and call it my own.
Thanks, Mark

jacques herbst

Elite Cafe Member
pleasure Markofx:D ,i would also like to see the same sort of tutorial from sam and any other engraver (hint;) ) that has something to over us beginners.i also spend most of my time drawing now and want my own style of engraving and finding it hard to come up with new and fresh designs.have you looked at the videos and did you try it?

Latest posts

Sponsors