Pickup truck door handle

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
My brother-in-law sent me this photo of an engraved truck door handle. I have no idea who did it. Just goes to show you that there are all kinds of engraving possibilities out there!

~Sam

Attachments

• 0C129343.jpg
    0C129343.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 351

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Perhaps an unexplored market??
This is a machine engraving, I bet they don't know what's possible with handengraving.
Under the hood there's much more that's screams to get engraved.

Attachments

• TSE2 469.jpg
    TSE2 469.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 137
  • TSE2 465.jpg
    TSE2 465.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 133

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Perhaps an unexplored market??

My thoughts exactly, Willem. I don't know if it is an unexplored market, but I've never seen it before. It could be quite good for the western brightcutters among us if they're not already doing it.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Actual, engraving on hot rods is pretty common, a new truck like the original photo is less the norm, but I have seen a lot of engraved mirrors, door and window cranks, wheel, valve covers, radiator caps and other engine pieces on 30s,40s, 50s vintage vehicles over the years. I did quite a bit of it myself back in my younger days, Once I did a set of bumpers with HUGE scrolls, all done with hammer and chisel.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I posted some pictures a while back. I go to "cruise" nights whenever I can and have seen quite a few engraved parts under the hood.

That door handle is cool.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now that is classy!

I did a set of valve covers once about thirty years ago. I personally think all cars need engraving. I have also done some dashboard monograms also.

Anybody seen Sam Ws engraved car parts with a Cap and ball pistol for a gearshift knob? Neat stuff.

Ron S

Degs

Elite Cafe Member
This is one I did sometime ago, He wanted a Tiki. An airfilter pan for a 1955 F100 custom truck here in the UK. Wish I could get my head around the western style stuff though.

Attachments

• tiki-pan.jpg
    tiki-pan.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 69

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Ron you could engrave a Comet as you rode it to the return...
Thanks for everything you share...
Jerry

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'm thinkin maybe scott snuck around in a parkin lot an did that ! remember what he did to the fixtures in the bathroom a couple years back ?? at the big meetin ??

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now that is classy!

Anybody seen Sam Ws engraved car parts with a Cap and ball pistol for a gearshift knob? Neat stuff.

Ron S

I HAVE seen pictures of it. Coolest shifter i've EVER seen. If I recall correctly, he was still not quite finished overall. Perhaps he will see this and post some more pictures:big grin:

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was about to say that looks like something you'd find in my neighborhood, then I went to the link Sam posted and it is, has Berg Motors from Midland, about 45 miles away, where Wilson lives,

Dwayne

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Ok, I posted photos in my album. The "A" drives as good as it looks! And I DO look cool driving down the road!!

PS...the trigger is the horn button.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors