Teaching and learning in Argentina

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am going to Argentina at the end of the month to spend a few days in the National Silversmithing School in Buenos Aires.Then I will be teaching a workshop for three days on engraving silver at friends shop.The course will be covering Western bright cut engraving by hand and contruction of silver objects tobe engraved.I will be taking photos and will post some of them here when I get back.

Dave

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

Say Hello to Jose Draga when you are there. I got to visit with him when I was there in 1995.

I am sure you will have wonderful time there, just don't stay out all night dancing.

Last edited:

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Dave, I hope you have a wonderful time in Argentina.
And find a lot of good stuff to share with us all on your return.
They would be hard pressed to find a better teacher of Western bright cut than you.
Hope your classes/seminars go well.
Best regards.

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow! What an opportunity....It would be nice go down there and learn from you. Had no idea there was a National Silversmithing School, let alone a silversmithing school anywhere. Seems like all I do is fumble around in the dark, and I just finally found your website last night and learned who you were. Your work is amazing! Best of luck to you on your journey. Seth

jr hoot gibson

Elite Cafe Member
Dave
Hope your trip is great. Thanks again for the outstanding engraving workshop and all the help,hints,and a fun time at the TCAA event in OKC. I still think the door prize drawings were rigged.
Hoot

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for all the well wishing .

John B. your always kind and I am forever grateful to you for your help and inspiration.

Thanks Seth, Stay tuned.

Hoot, the drawings were lots of fun.

Rodger, check out TCAA, I have been an admirer of yours for along time. Thank you for all that you have done for engraving over the last 30 yrs.

Can't wait to get there!!!!!!!!

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hello to all after 1 month in Argentina,
made it back Sat.11/28/09 after almost 40 hrs on my feet and backside on the plane for about 18 of those hrs.
I have lots to tell and about 12-1500 photos of the saga.
More to come in the next few weeks.

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here are a few pics from Argentina.The Idea of mixing decorative techniques is being executed by Gabriel Lamami and myself in Bariloche.
I also visited with a silversmith in San Antonio De Areco. His name is Patricio Draghi.I was very impressed with his design and execution of his work every piece that they make is drawn and every little piece of silver or gold is made by them from casting ingots for wire and sheet to the finished product.

Attachments

• Dave Bariloche 2 (51).jpg
    Dave Bariloche 2 (51).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Dave Bariloche 2 (11).jpg
    Dave Bariloche 2 (11).jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Dave Bariloche 3 (27).jpg
    Dave Bariloche 3 (27).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN0128.jpg
    DSCN0128.jpg