Cover up or expose the fact.

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
Since returning from the GM where I met many old friends and made more new ones, I have been picking on this little stainless Buck pocket knife.This side is nearly done and I find myself faced with the dilemma of what to do with Adam's personal possesions.
What would you recomend?Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Drape him like the figures on the celing of the cappela Cistina. (I know Michaelangelo did not drape them himself, it was done later) It is a lot easier than trying to cut a 1 mm appendage without a microscope!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Those of us with kids and grandkids that read these posts are in favor of the fig leaf.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Joseph, give him all that he needs, but whatever you do, keep him away from the apple tree!

handengraver

Elite Cafe Member
Joseph,

Let me humbly disagree with all fig leave advisors. I would just leave him without Italia (gen it is) as he is still alone, so what's the use. Perhaps covering the area with a tree branch? The fig leave vestment happened after Eve and the temptation... The one thing I see he's missing: a smile. He's God's first humane creature, enjoying the Creation. Some reason to smile. The engraving is beautiful, the scrolls are in style and proportion with Adam, great job.

Greetings - Ivan

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is some NICE looking scroll Joseph. Hope to see it when you decide how to complete it.

Looks like the GrandMasters has given you inspiration...cool!

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
He Could be Left Alone........

That way there is no evidence of the forbidden fruit and Eve won't try to tempt him.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, I understand your point of view, but I don’t agree.
We have 5 children and 3 grandchildren, nudity was never hided, not only in our family but by most people on the continent of west Europe.
Even baby dolls for children look like “boys and girlsâ€￾, there is nothing amputated.
Also the Greek and Romans had public statues without fig leaves.
So in my opinion nude is something totally different than sex and in my living world, there are no children that could be shocked seeing a nude illustration.
And as far as I learned, Adam and Eve where naked.

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors