Hoof Pick

txtwang

Elite Cafe Member
I know this hoof pick has about zero to do with the kind of engraving I usually see in here. About a year ago I embarrassed myself by posting a practice plate of something I called engraving. I should have appologized for posting it! Since then I've attended a class at GRS on brite cutting with Jerimiah Watts. Enjoyed and learned plenty.
I made a few hoof picks and they all reminded me of a bird...well..here it is....no, no brite cutting here but
hopefully I'll be able to post some in the near future....all comments welcomed.

Jerry

Attachments

• bird hoodpick 005.jpg
    bird hoodpick 005.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 223
  • bird hoodpick 001.jpg
    bird hoodpick 001.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 244

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That hoof pick is beatiful! Shows some real creativity. Thanks for sharing.

Sharpgraver, a hoof pick is used to clean and scrape the dirt/mud/manure/rocks/whatever out of a horses hoof. To us horse guys it makes perfectly logical and is cool as heck, but if your not a horse person, it's sorta like engraving your toilet bowl scrubber. Hope this helps, Seth

txtwang

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the comments...Seth, you cracked me up!
I'm thinking of doing a series of these...my next one will be a giraff..know anyone needing a 10' long hoof pick?
Thanks again
Jerry

SharpGraver

Elite Cafe Member
Seth, Thanks for the description. Can't imagin my toilet bowel scrubber looking that cool though. Awesome piece and if you decide to sell some of them put me down for one.
David:beerchug:

Latest posts

Sponsors