Low cost beginners equipment

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Ive enclosed a picture from a catalog from the LOG CABIN SHOP in Lodi; Ohio along with there internet page; hope this will give someone a place to start from... http://www.logcabinshop.com The picture wasnt as large as I thought it would be; the gravers;already sharpened an ready to go are $ 19.95; the chasing hammers are$36.95; the chinese white is $4.95

Attachments

• img070.jpg
    img070.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

smokie

Thank you. I haven't engraved since 1992. This is exactly what I was looking for.
I just want to see if I still have the zeal for it.

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Smokie; you still have the ZEAL for it or you probably wouldnt be here...you couldnt have found a better place for freindship and help...and what a learning experience or re-learning time you:ll have... Welcome to the Cafe; Sam makes us furnish our own coffee though !!!!!!!

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Smokie; it had been quite a spell for me also. In 1978; I did alot of patchboxes for my muzzleloading buddys, my work back then was quite good,was doing everything correctly,then I got divorced in 1980 with 3 children to raise myself. I didnt get back to engraving until 2007; and I either forgot everything I had learned in the past, or became overly cautious, which hinders a person. If you can afford it, take a class. It will really save you in the long run; it will give you the confidence and boost that we all need..

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Smokie

I did engraving full time for 25 years after being away from it for 20 years have been back at since 2005. It comes slowly but the advances in tools and the computer sure make it a lot easier. Have fun!

Jim

Latest posts

Sponsors