Practice Plate 3D (Dime)

Tezash

I just carved this on my practice plate, I did not planed when I start, I sketched with scriber and started carving. I used square graver, flat, burnisher, scraper and pencil stone. Your coments please?

Attachments

• Dime.jpg
    Dime.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 291

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow! You better be careful about cutting that out & trying to spend it. It could be your downfall :D

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Excellent work, it's a pity it's on a practice plate that will probably just be thrown in a drawer. I think in the future when I do practice pieces I'm going to use those tags or key rings from GRS. They're cheap enough to throw away if it goes wrong but good enough to use if it turns out well like your practice carving.

Well done.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I think we just witnessed the birth of a new coin carver. Excellent job!

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
counterfeiting is a crime in the US. LOL
Great job, and like Marcus said, too bad its on a practice plate.
Let's see a real coin!
Kent

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Excellant! You have grasped the difficult concept of "low relief" sculpture immediately! Only those who have tried carving metal understand that high relief (relatively) is somewhat easier than the low relief seen on struck coins. The 3-D effect is difficult to achieve within the confines of the very subtle changes in height. You have copied this portrait with skill, now create your own design and make us all jealous!

Mark

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Like the others have said, next time use a coin to practice on, I sure would like to see you carve something on a buffalo nickel, by the looks of the practice plate it,ll be a beauty ...It,s looks like you,ve the gift of being a coin carver

Tezash

Thank you all for your kind words. In the near future I will carve Hobo Nickel. But I don't know where to find them, any body can refer me Please?
Again thank you all, Tez.

Latest posts

Sponsors