Some strange eye problems

pappy

Elite Cafe Member
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to tell every one about my experience with my eyes.
As I was engraving using my Meji microscope, I noticed that no matter how I adjusted the microscope my sight picture just was not sharp. This changed during the last 2-3 months. I also noticed that I couldn't see the street signs as well as my wife, even though with glasses we are both supposed to have 20/20 vision. I made an appointment with my eye doctor, and he found that my eyelashes were were producing too much oil and this was running into my eyes and making my vision slightly blurred. He prescribed some eyedrops with an anti biotic and a steroid to try to clear up the oil problem. So far it is working great.

I wanted to pass this on to you so that you don't make the same mistake I did, I put off going to the doctor because I thought it was age effect or allergies.

Now that I am on the drops I can see quite a bit better under the scope, and my engraving has improved also.

Hope my experiences help someone.

Thanks,

pappy

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I have never heard of such a thing. Interesting indeed. I'm glad you found the source of your problem as well as treatment for it. Keep us posted.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
darn, pappy ! we should start a clinic for the visually impaired. i have the exact opposite problem sometimes. not chronic, but sometimes my eyes get "dry". not enough tears. the doc prescribed a batch of drops that moisturize me when the need arises. when mine go "dry", they get irritated, then produce too much and the same thing happens- blurry. but the drops correct it right away.

Latest posts

Sponsors