Grs gravermach .

Winstonklein

Elite Cafe Member
Why Does a little oil contamination void the warranty on the Gravermach.Though it is not the case for the old Gravermax .

Winston

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Winston: It's our responsibility to keep oil and water out of the air system. If not, it will result in an unnecessary and time consuming clean-up. If you keep your air clean and dry you won't have any problems.

You can also talk to JB Taylor at GRS. He's the tech support guy and can answer your warranty questions as to how it compares with the warranty of the older machines.

Cheers / ~Sam

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Winston: What I learned is that bit of oil in your system will not void the warranty, but clean-up and repairs due to oil contamination aren't covered by warranty. Of course you'll need to speak to GRS directly about this and how it pertains to your Gravermach.

In the mean time, keep your air clean and dry. :)

~Sam

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Winston
Do you have a coalescing oil filter in your system, along with the water and other filters

Winstonklein

Elite Cafe Member
Dave. No I don't have any other filter beside the regular filter that came with the machine.
To be honest with you ,Ihave never heard of a coalecing filter. Do I need to get one. or is it just optional. Thanks.

Winston.

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Winston
I my opinion yes , the coalesing filter removes oil mist that may be in the air. Most compressor stores carry them under $75 if I remember right. It is the last filter in my system. However I live in the high desert and moisture is not usually a issue, we actually pump moisture in to the house air system. Dave
PS I see you are in Boston, you should bleed the moistue traps/filter at least once a day and if you see water in the bowl drain it, same with the compressor tank, daily draining. Kind of a PINA but necessary for clean dry air. Any oil / moisture is going to damage your tools sooner or later. Good luck keep us posted on the results

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors