cheap! quick change your hone

mhgjewel

Elite Cafe Member
i have a old power hone and i just started to get annoyed with the screw to tighten down the wheels. so i thought about how i could make it a quick change. of course i could spend $49.00 from GRS to buy one they made, but i like solving problems cheaply if it can be done. so i came up with this. it is so simple it is stupid. the gasket does not need to be attached it works fine just laying it down on the wheel. i only use a 600 and a ceramic wheel

hope this helps someone else to

Matthew

Attachments

• quick change hone 1.jpg
    quick change hone 1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 245
  • quick change hone 2.jpg
    quick change hone 2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 242
  • quick change hone 3 .jpg
    quick change hone 3 .jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 242
  • quick change hone 4 .jpg
    quick change hone 4 .jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 236

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
A very clever and inexpensive quick change solution for the old style power hone. I've added this to the Tips Archive. Thanks!

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I basically did the same thing years ago except I glued my 260 and 600 wheels to each other and just had to flip them over. its rare I use a 1200 or lap, so just throw them on as needed.

Well, I made mine totally quick-change. After getting the rubber ring-a sink drain gasket, and making the nylon "spacer" that I couldn't find, I started thinking. Dangerous I know. I screwed the nylon spacer all the way down, then got another sink gasket to match the hub on the hone and applied a couple drops of glue to stick it. Works great with the GRS hones, but doesn't like the thin disc I got from Steve. It needs to be clamped down or sit on top of a heavier disc with the big rubber ring Mike

Latest posts

Sponsors