Copper Braclet

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here is a little copper bracelet I worked on today. Thought I ought to work on that flare cut transition stuff. The shape and idea came from a bracelet Mr. Alphano had on the Featured Photo on the GRS website. The scooping out with the big rounds is still giving me fits and I need more practice with the style for sure. Well, take care and keep cutting, Seth

Attachments

• 8-4-09 copper braclet 007.jpg
    8-4-09 copper braclet 007.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 8-4-09 copper braclet 011.jpg
    8-4-09 copper braclet 011.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 8-4-09 copper braclet 005.jpg
    8-4-09 copper braclet 005.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 166

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Seth,
I love your designs and your cutting is coming along beautifully, but I have a question. Why do such a georgous bracelet in copper? A $25 dollar silver blank would easily triple the selling value. Or , if its the color, you could use a piece of the argentium lined mokume gane' that Rio sells. Copper will discolor the skin. Even if you coat it, the coating will wear off. For a really pricey piece you could use 10K or 14K rose gold.
Keep on cutting, Will

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have done many in argentium sterling, but I like the color of copper better. Plus I am just learning that transition style and was just fooling around when I made that bracelet. Nothing special, just practice. Alot of people like copper, and many feel that sterling is too nice and they don't feel comfortable wearing it. Like putting a pink flamingo in the chicken coup, it just wouldn't fit in, so its good to keep a copper one around. The earrings are copper because thats what the gal that cuts my hair likes. She would walk by a pound of silver to look at an ounce of copper. Thanks for the kind words and advice everyone. I am not sure why, but I sure love making the stuff. Seth

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Why do such a georgous bracelet in copper?
Diane,
There are many who believe that certain health benefits arise from the wearing of copper bracelets. It is a relatively common practice.

Dave

Latest posts

Sponsors