Looking for a teacher / mentor

Bielawski

Hi All,

I am a recent graduate with a BFA in studio art concentrating in Metals and Jewelry. I am interested in finding an apprenticeship / internship / mentorship with engraver and/or knifemaker. I am willing to relocate but I have only a small window of time to do so (this month) or my dream will be deferred. If anyone needs a production assistant to increase production, a shopkeep, or someone to help do some gruntwork (like remodeling a studio, etc.)...I can do that. If anyone is interested please PM me and I will send you my resume and portfolio for your consideration.

Thanks,

Henri Abraham Bielawski

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
Good morning Henri

Depending on your location you my be just what I need. This month I am moving to a new house with a super workshop. Need grunt work and then an apprentice to take over in a few years or more.

I am back in the trade of Jewelry, Trophy, Plaque and Name plate engraving, no gun work. I apprenticed in Chicago during the 60s. Got my own shop, moved to burbs and began Sign painting. Retired in 1993. Got back to engraving in 2005. Haven't had to hunt much for its there. It pretty much just shows up. There is potential for growth wit a litttle advertising and stump kicking.

I have lived in Hallock MN since 2005. Nice small town living. Twenty miles from Canada & 12 from ND.

Jim Sackett

Bielawski

Hi Jim

I think your situation sounds interesting - and Id like to talk to you to find out a little more about it. I sent you a PM with my phone number if you would like to give me a call. Thanks

Henri

Last edited: