A New World Record

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
Congrats Andrew I expect to see the chip signed and encased then sent to Sam or FEGA to be forever looked apon as the first the starting point the one to draw inspiration from. The chip that those that follow in your steps shall ever point to as there inspiration. Don't hold back because of the nay sayers, doubters, and those that try to belittle your true olympian event. Being from down under you need to get up and carry the torch, show them Texan's an island dweller can be listed up there with the greatest.
Oh by the way don't say out loud it's only an inch.

Andrew Biggs

What's this........................no verification from mothers, fathers, partners, children or family pets!!!!

So my record still holds..............wait till my next attempt where I wear the second skin swimsuit that has just been banned by the Olympic swimming committee. That should give me another 3mm smashing the existing record.

I'm already in training but I'm adding copious amounts of beer to the high calorie, saturated fats, coffee and cigarettes diet to build the stamina levels to become an even more lean, mean engraving machine.

It's been a long winter down here I tell you :)

Cheers
Andrew

(still the only verified world record holder for the longest chip)

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Marty I didn't think about that. So I check and it's not even that cold there. Just think what he's going to come up with when it does get cold down under:)

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
being the forum archivist, newbie moderator, and mayor of duncan avenue, it goes without saying- my word is beyond question. right ? i once did a custom master pantograph template for a things rembered store. it was a 21" template of a b21 bomber airplane. the plane measured 19" nose to tail. the entire profile was cut with a gravermeister using a # 53 round graver. i did stop a few times around the design, but when restarting the cuts, the curl never broke. i estimate the curl to have been over 40" in length. i kept the thing for over 2 years, till 1 day my cat, goldie got it and , well , you can guess the rest.

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
I have often thought that we should have a chip cutting contest at the Reno show, but I never thought on the scale of "world record". Makes sense to me that to be a world record it needs to be done in front of an audiance where it counts. Nerves and all you know.

Roger, would that come from ones point of view, or state of mind?

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
chip cutting

Does it have to be cut in metal? I have a chip from a stick of string cheese that I was turning into a Celtic knot engraved drum stick for a local bagpipe band. I need to know soon because I'm getting hungry.

Joe

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
To make the contest fair, the chips all need to be cut under similar conditions. Therefore, all entrants need to be producing an engraving with the same theme, and I propose that theme should be rural and natural- a farmyard scene, for example.

So, lets see who can produce the longest cow chip. Let the games begin!

Last edited:

Andrew Biggs

OK Folks

Here it is...........the official entry form :)

You can download the picture and somehow transfer to a 2" square mild steel plate.

The area between the two lines doesn't count this is to allow for nerves and testing the metal.......anything after that counts.

Then you have to post your results with a measurement

Any graver, any tool, any age, any amount of entries.

So if you wish to beat the current reigning champion.............take your positions and get those chips curling .

Just remember fame and glory await you.

I'll post mine in a couple of days.

Cheers
Andrew

(The undefeated reigning worlds longest chip champion)

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
OK Andrew,
A nice design, But......:) if this challenge would have the size of a single (vinyl record) perhaps we could play it on an old record player and so we could choose the best sound of the cutting if there are equals in length of the chip.

arnaud

MichaelBaer

Andrew,up here in the northern hemisphere our curls curl opposite yours. Due to the increased gravity our curls also tend to come off in a very tite roll.Since they are already quite bright most of the cutters I know pick the gold and silver chip curls off the floor and string them as beads.A few moments on the#600 power hone wheel and they lie comfort-
ably on the skin.Where you live is there electricity? MichaelBaer

MichaelBaer

Hello Joe from another ciotog.I was just up there to witness the placement of ashes at
the Union Grove Veterans Cemetary.The weather was perfect and only a pint or so of blood
lost to the skeeters.Have you heard of leftyism as"the sinister persuasion"? MichaelBaer

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
The sinister side.

Yup, sinister for left handed, dexter for right. The word ambidextrous actually means right handed on both sides. Man, if we were a race, we could get grant money. My SAR chapter did a Rev War grave marker dedication at Paddock Lake last month for "Blind" David Paddock. gotta honor our vets.

Gotta say, I've never heard of ciotog for a lefty until now. How do you pronounce it?

Joe Paonessa

qndrgnsdd

Elite Cafe Member
Well hell! I cut over 700 bracelets this last year and most of them I cut the outside line with out breaking the chip, the largest are 7inches by 2inches. I almost never cut steel so I think you are going to have to have more than one catagory for your world record, as I already hold the medal for silver!!!

monk

Staff member
HEY ! what's all this nonsense ? i've already won ! send me my prize, now ! my chip was over 40", and you're still ignoring the fact that i've won ?

Sponsors