Latest spurs

nhcowboy1961

Elite Cafe Member
Hi all, I finally got around to finishing off a pair of spurs that was not for an order, rather one of those "gotta get it out of my head" deals. I've been working on trying to come up with my own twsit on a bull head design so used a beading tool for pupils in the eyes, liner for parts of the horn, 45 flat and 120 too-throw it all in there :) The twisted horns are cool, I'll do even better after a few more with highlighting them.

The scroll was also my own drawing I did a little while back having been inspired by Ron Smiths book-still and always a great inspiration for me. This is the thrid one I've done on a set of spurs and the response to gun style engraving (as if) on the spurs is pretty good. I finaly got smart, or lazy-whichever applies, and used a liner for some of the shading details. It sure beats the heck out of my skills with fine line shading at this point and I really like the blending of styles outside the norm. The mounts are nickel-highly prefered over silver by Texans but nowhere near as easy to engrave as silver, but I muscle my way into it :)
Paul

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 109
  • rowel.jpg
    rowel.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 100

Northwest29

Hi Paul - Really, really a super sharp job on these. I think you hit the "Bull" right on the head with them. :party:

PS My apologies for not responing to last very informative and helpful note. My face is red for sure.

doug

Paul I really like your spurs,great job.Still practicing those bright cuts here in ohio, got 9 years till I can retire hope I can get close to your talents in that time.
Doug Lovedahl

Latest posts

Sponsors