Cat out of the Bag

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks everyone!

Brian, It was most definitely the event of a lifetime...I am glad we got to experience it together! Not only did we represent the American Pistolsmith's Guild (the group responsible for the presentation) but we were also ambassadors for FEGA!! The President was certainly taken with your engraving on his gun as well!

WL

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm going to have to start a thread about the presentation pistol.
I have a bunch of high resolution pics of the gun taken by world famous photographer Ichiro Nagata.
I didn't feel it proper to release the pictures until after the presentation had taken place---only because it might not have taken place....stuff happens.

We have been waiting 6 years to present this pistol to President Bush. It was worth the wait.

BTW....we did get to see Laura Bush also....a very classy lady.

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congratulations to the both of you! My hats off to you. Weldon, the buckle looks awesome and I know the pistol is beautiful as well Brian. I'm tickled you got to meet Mr. & Mrs. Bush. An awesome time to remember.

Dwayne

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Jim & Dwayne!
Check the first page as I just placed a pic (sorry about the low rez) of GWB and I on the front page.
WL

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian,

In the excitement, I totally forgot about that. The ladies in the group (our wives) thought it would be a nice gesture to include something for Laura Bush so, I gave President Bush a small cuff bracelet for her. I don't think I have a pic of it but I will go through my photos when I get home & if so, I'll post one. I am on duty today so I will have to wait until tomorrow to look.
Thanks for reminding me!

WL

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's cool that you gave Mrs Bush a bracelet. She's a lady! More women in our world need to aspire to be like her. I think the both of them are a class act! We were blessed to have them at the helm for 8 yrs. Good picture of you and Mr. Bush by the way Weldon! Something neat to have to pass down over the years. I'm proud for you & Brian to be able to have this experience.

Dwayne

Latest posts

Sponsors