Advice/Anyone use an aftermarket microscope?

Swede

I appreciate the head's-up, Marcus. Hopefully if I have issues, they won't be as severe as yours. I do have some machine tools, and if necessary, I can machine an adaptor or otherwise modify the system. Your warning is very important for those who don't have the equipment to do something like that, or don't want to be bothered with the hassle.

Odd, I'd have thought that stuff like mounting systems would have been standardized by now. Thank you!

Doc Mark did bring up a good point regarding lighting. There are some really expensive fiber-optic ring lights out there, and I almost bought one. Then I thought, "If I move the scope away to do work without it, I lose my light as well." So I bought one of the goose-neck jobs. If the scope is rotated away, I'll still have my work illuminated. Of course, you could do both by buying one of the much cheaper fluorescent ring lights, or the LED jobs. I'm also glad to hear him mention that adjustable lighting on the side will help with some of the cut perspective.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to gank a thread I didn't start. :)

Swede

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors