Announcement: Engraver Issue #83

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Showed up in Kansas City yesterday as well.

So far I've only had time to do an initial reading of the Nelson Gun article - iike a lot of the articles that one deserves at least a second reading.

Need to get out to the FEGA site and see how much that DVD with the back issues is...

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Andrew, Phil & Rex,

This is without a doubt, the finest issue so far! I am digesting the main article slowly, savoring every bit!!

Bravo; well-done!!!

WL

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi all,
This one is taking some time to reach everyone, and I have to agree, Andrew did a great layout and writeup especially the intro bit, you could almost be IN the battle!......Andrew, I think theres a book there.:big grin:

Phil

canadian

Elite Cafe Member
How does one sign up the the magazine and how much it is for the year?
I am in Canada so it may be more.
Thanks

Boris

Chapi

Elite Cafe Member
Just got mine yesterday and even the big photo on the back cover of the issue is wonderful. I look at the front and had several nagging questions about bulino technique answered before I even opened the book up. Not just cover to cover, but including the covers-wonderful. What a great tool for learning. Thanks for taking the time to put it out. I will be studying this for years.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Boris,
The price for membership in Canada is the same as the US as we are the Firearms Engravers Guild of America. Postage for Canada is not much more either like other countries.
Rex

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great job on the "Engraver" again.

Excellent articles!! Very thorough.

Thanks Phil and Brain for your articles.

Photos and information first class................

Good job Rex, Andrew, Phil, and Brian.

In the battle? Heck Phil, I almost felt like I was in the room with you looking over your shoulder.

Ron S

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Yep, someday there might be issues being put up for auction on Ebay just like the old original issues of "Guitar for the Practicing Musician". They will fetch very good money but none will ever rate as high as the very first issue of "Guitar" that featured Randy Rhoads. This issue of The Engraver is that good.

I'd also like to mention that Brian's article touches upon something that many of us think about when we dive into a gutsy project that may be well over our heads but deep down inside, something tells us we can pull it off. Those projects stretch and test our patience and abilities .... those are the only kind of projects that make us good.

No B.S.ing ... I really needed a boost of motivation and this issue provided it .... especially out here in the middle of nowhere where I can't even get some descent Chinese food.

Last edited:

Andrew Biggs

Thanks for the positive feedback and compliments.

I'd like to thank Phil and Peter Nelson for making the article happen. I do have to say that it was a real pleasure working with Phil on it as he is a superb engraver, but more importantly, a very nice and easy man to deal with and as a result become a personal friend. It was a real privilege over the few months that it took to put the whole thing together, to wake up in the morning and have a few photos of his day's work come through in the e-mails. In a way it almost felt like looking over his shoulder. When you look at the quality, design and execution of his work it's easy to see why it hangs in some of the most prestigious private collections in the world.

I still maintain that the quality of the magazine is only a reflection of the engravers that take the time and effort to submit photo's and articles etc. Brian's wonderful article is an excellent example of what you can achieve if you get in there and start pushing your own personal boundaries with engraving.

Cheers
Andrew

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Andrew, after all the excitement this past weekend, I couldn't wait to get home and tear into the latest issue.
Congratulations on the Nelson gun article......one of the finest engraving articles I've ever read.

Martin Strolz

Elite Cafe Member
Today the "Engraver" arrived in Europe. Excellent engraving and writing, lots of very clear pictures! Thanks to everyone who contributes to this publication. I like it a lot.
Martin

Latest posts

Sponsors