Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Carter,

Thank you for sharing your story and the pictures of your exquisitly crafted knives. I can't tell you how good it makes me feel to hear that my book played a small role in the development of such a fine engraver.

Best wishes,

Roger Bleile
    C. Roger Bleile
    Author of American Engravers series of books.
    http://www.engravingglossary.com/
    FEGA Historian
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Without craftsmanship, inspiration is a mere reed shaken in the wind. Johannes Brahms

Post Thanks / Like

Carter-san, thanks for the interesting read. My best to you and the Beckster.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Fred,

Long time no see. How have you been?

You engraving and knives are beautiful. Glad you are with us.

Ron S

Post Thanks / Like

Great Interview, Thanks Fred for sharing.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Fred,

You have inspired me more times than I would care to say...to me your wanting to "single hand" your knifes is the same idea that drives me. (Plus that same need to have engraving that I could "afford !")

Each time a new mag would come out with an article about you or your knives it was on my must have list.

Sam, thank you for this interview, a thrill to spend some time with one of my heros !!!

Roger

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

I would like to express my appreciation for the comments thank you all very much.

Sam - It has been a pleasure and an honor to have known you for all these years. I still study your engraving and design - informative and inspirational. I knew I should have driven down to get a lesson back when Ė 20/20 hindsight can be so clear.
    Glen - Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them very much.
    Andy - I am in awe of your talent - I truly believe that you have the talent and skill to be one of the premier engravers and knifemakers - I have believed this from the get go and I am one of your greatest fans.
    Marcus - I love your wide range expertise, amazing. Also I must say that I have admired your fathers work for many years - you are lucky to have had such a man for a father and teacher.
    Arnaud - I am watching you grow and grow very quickly - I only wish I had half as much talent as you possess - your efforts will bring you recognition and your hard work will bring you rewards.
    Weldon - I really enjoy your engraving, the bowie knocked my socks off - I love all of your work.
    Don - Thanks for the compliment on the photography - you have a neat line of knives and a little of your own engraving would be a real plus. If I can help let me know.
    John - It is a real pleasure to be able to compliment one of the greatest engravers - your help and expertise on these forums is an inspiration to all. I am now using one of your gravers made from square brass tubing and a cobalt drill bit.
    Roger - Your book is a classic, I still enjoy it. Back then I took it to the copy shop and enlarged McKenzie's and Churchill's engravings to huge sizes to study them. What amazes me is the talent range shown in the book. Great book written at the right time for me. Thanks
    Kelso san - What a talent and what a friend - What more can I say - love you guys.
    Ron - I have one regret and that is that I didnít drive that 100 miles to Ft.Worth to get to know you years ago. I have admired your work on Tommy's and Warren's knives for years and seeing more of your work on the internet close up makes me even more humbled at your talent and skill. I appreciate your dedication and hard work, engraving, like knifemaking is not an easy way to make a living which makes me even more appreciative of what you have done.
    Joe - I see you are having some health problems, I hope you get past this and back engraving soon. I love your engraving and wish you well on your journey to full recovery.
    Roger - Wow your comments too kind - I appreciate it - if I can ever be of help just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Carter, I have been a fan of yours for over 20 yrs. I make knives as well and am starting to engrave some now myself. The interview with Sam was nice to read. I've studied your work along with the other great engravers and appreciate you sharing your work with all of us. I'm wanting to do every facet of my knives as well, getting my new shop set up to even build my own Damascus. I love your all of your knives weather folders or fixed, weather in the white or blued. Thank you for this interview and all you do. You are an inspiration to so many.

Dwayne
    www.dushaneknives.com
    Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Fred

What a wonderful interview. Your knives and engraving have a beautiful synergy about them.

You are a remarkable artist and human being.

Cheers
    Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Dwyane - Thanks for the kind words - If I can be of any help feel free to ask. At this stage of my career I am all about helping - whether it be via internet or in person - the doors to my shop are open and my help is free.

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew - Such talent and insight into this craft, wonderful - I have read your advice on the forums and it is always logical, well thought out and to the point. You know your stuff. I think that you have brought your artistic ability to the craft like few have done with wonderful and complex creative engravings. I am an envious admirer of your work and am sure everyone is waiting to see what you come up with next. Thanks for the comments on my work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast