Rococco dagger

I had this one at the Arkansas show in January. It's a smallis dagger with blade length of 4.5" of 4 bar turkish twist damascus. The handle is mild steel with sculpted engraving, 24k gold wire inlaid background and blue tiger eye inlay.

Thanks!!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Bailey, that is killer! Tell us how you did the sculpting. It has a beautiful, vintage look.

Thanks everyone. Always appreciate the kind words.

Sam,

I cut the sculpting, polished all of it with RA stones to 400, then frosted it with the air eraser. It was then blued, but the bluing made it all too dark and masked the sculpting while making the stone blend in to the point that it almost looked like the steel. I removed the bluing with Naval jelly, which leaves a slightly darker finish.

Thanks again

Hot Knobs

Elite Cafe Member
Dagger

baily, great grind on the blade, fantastic handle, does it have a fantastic sheath to go with it.

Roger Keagle

Elite Cafe Member
Love working and engraving mild steel and malable iron, also how it ages, not like SS that will only get scrached...there is a warm feel to these traditional metals...this work is fantastic...carved and gold what a combo !

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Bailey!
What a wonderful work of art!
Please, excuse my intrusion but I can resist the temptation to make a color adjusting to the photos.:eek:
All the best!
Leonardo.

Attachments

• Bailey_Rococco_Dagger_1.jpg
    Bailey_Rococco_Dagger_1.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Bailey_Rococco_Dagger_2.jpg
    Bailey_Rococco_Dagger_2.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 44

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Outstanding Job Bailey! Looks like it's been hid away in a safe somewhere for a couple hundred years. Beautiful,

Dwayne

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Leonardo, Bailey's work is terrific and your color adjustment really makes the work stand out.
Kevin P.

Sponsors