I am Intrested in getting started

heysport

Hello everyone,
I will be attending the JCK show in Las Vegas, hopefuly I will get to see the GRS hand engraver in action. I was wondering with the vast exp in this cafe would anyone like to share the most adaptable system to start with. Meaning I guess which is a good system to buy that can be added to. Thanks for any suggestions Gerard (heysport)

Andrew Biggs

Hi Gerard

And welcome to the forum.

Try them all out and make your own decision based on what your own personal preferences are and how big, or small, your budget is. You can spend a little, or a lot, and you can also buy new and second hand.

They are all adaptable top of the line systems .........and they all do exactley the same things and come up with the same results. If you do a "search" of the forum you'll find a lot of talk on this very subject.

Cheers
Andrew

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the skill, as it were, lies not in the typewriter,a pen, pencil, or word processor, but is the responsibility of the author. the different tools can just speed things up. if you go with the modern power-assisted stuff, you can simply learn a great deal faster. having said that, it never hurts to learn the joy of the old ways of doing things either.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi Gerard. I'll be at the JCK show at the Stuller booth and will be happy to demonstrate and let you try my setup.

Cheers / ~Sam

Marian Sawby

If you are really serious, sign up for a beginning class at GRS. If you like it, invest in yourself and buy the equipment. I took my beginning class with Sam Alfano and even though I demonstrated no real talent during that and subsequent classes that I took there, I decided to buy all the equipment I would need to get started. I have not regretted doing that. The talented instructors at GRS will save you years of experimenting on your own; and, GRS is great at following up and assisting as you progress as an engraver. I am glad you will get to talk to Sam. He is a great teacher and one of the best engravers in the world.

Marian Sawby

heysport

thank you all for your time

Sam,
I do a great deal of bussiness with stuller, I look forward to meeting you there. I am booking my flight today and I will attend the show on Monday. Will stuller have 2 booths? One for tools and the other for jewelry? If you have the booth number for the tools I would like to know what it is, you know how vast and large that show is...without the number you could walk for days lol Thanks Gerard (heysport)

Latest posts

Sponsors