H&H Left Side

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The first side of a pair of H&H stock guns.

Phil

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is absolutely amazing!

Just goes to show the world is as infinitely vast as it is minute Such great detail defies imagination!
Just curious Phil, how many hours of work are involved in such a piece and do you map out all your shading ahead of time?

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The detail is quite special.
Thanks for showing.
Your work keeps raising the standards.
Kevin P.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil, it seems you are amazing fast, or otherwise I'm a lazy one. It was not that long ago you finished the one with the oak leave.
Perhaps some "speed" could help me. :big grin:

Nice as always Phil, I like your work and speed.

arnaud

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
notwithstanding the unquestionable artistry here, as the duty archivist, i must congratulate you, phil. you are the first person to have 100 photographs in any section of the archive. phil is the first person to have acheived this remarkable record. in fact, these fotos bring his totals to 102 !!!! congratulations phil. not only the quantity, but the quality of your work is an inspiration to all who see it

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil,

Monk has been keeping an accurate count, and we are all delighted to be able to view this archive of the splendidly clear photos showing your masterworks at low and high magnification. What a privilege it is for us to see the results of your inner eye, in the presentation of the completed engravings. In this age of computers, many of us are used to seeing a nice image break up into pixels with more magnification, yet when we see close-ups of your work, the art and execution just get richer and richer!

Thank you!

Rod

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just goes to show the world is as infinitely vast as it is minute Such great detail defies imagination!
Just curious Phil, how many hours of work are involved in such a piece and do you map out all your shading ahead of time?

About 118 hours takeaway about 6 for the designing of the side and bottom.

notwithstanding the unquestionable artistry here, as the duty archivist, i must congratulate you, phil. you are the first person to have 100 photographs in any section of the archive. phil is the first person to have acheived this remarkable record. in fact, these fotos bring his totals to 102 !!!! congratulations phil. not only the quantity, but the quality of your work is an inspiration to all who see it

I did'nt realise there was that many.......I think i've a few left:)
This is the same gun with step by step progress posted a few months back.

http://www.igraver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4389

Phil

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil

Incredible as always!

It does seem like going to air-assisted has let you get more done while keeping to your quality standard.

Which makes me happy because now we get to see more beautiful things from you. :)

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Awe inspiring as usual Phil. Your engraving is about as good as it gets and always a pleasure to have the opportunity to see.

Thanks once again!

Last edited:

Tim Herman

Elite Cafe Member
Phil, you never cease amazing me! And this all done with that one magic tool? I have no words left to describe what I feel when I see your work.

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

Sorry, I forgot to reply to the second part of your question.
Only the main outlines are included in the design and transfered onto the gun. The shading is not included it would just complicate things, it's cut freehand.

Phil

Tim Herman

Elite Cafe Member
Also you come up with so many varied scroll designs! It seems you come up with a completely
new style of scroll to fit each gun! Thats what impresses me immensely. I dont know if I could come up with that big of a well flowing design to do a shotgun. Think I will stick to my knives lol. heheehehe but I have the magic tool:D

Latest posts

Sponsors